Modding renx

MPF PwnCall

Quick question about modding. 

Would Ren X be moddable to be changed and released as a completely different game with its own launcher?

im not asking about the feasibility of this but rather the permission to use the models, code, etc. Either permission from the ren x team or if EA will allow it through their agreement.

• Like 1

That would possibly work. 

Are there any limitations for mutators?  Mostly looking to change vehicle/weapon stats like speed damage etc.  and things like getting rid of the running mechanic.

just looking to see if this would be an option, and with custom mutators could others join the server without having to download anything extra?

thanks for the responses 

It's cached on the game client until it's stale, which takes quite some time of not being loaded. The download can also be sped up by configuring the server to use an HTTP server for downloads.

Out of curiosity so that the original question is more answerable, what is your actual intent/goal?

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
2 hours ago, Agent said:

It's cached on the game client until it's stale, which takes quite some time of not being loaded. The download can also be sped up by configuring the server to use an HTTP server for downloads.

Out of curiosity so that the original question is more answerable, what is your actual intent/goal?

15 hours ago, MPF PwnCall said:

Mostly looking to change vehicle/weapon stats like speed damage etc.  and things like getting rid of the running mechanic.

@yosh56: clearly I was hoping for more context, I know how to read (most of the time). If I'm going off of only what he said, then I suppose he's aiming for some sort of CNC-Classic mode in an effort to be more faithful to the original game.

5 hours ago, zunnie said:

How would you set up something like this?

Now, the actual important part from the above thread is this:

On 2/17/2017 at 0:38 AM, ShrewdTactician said:
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
RedirectToURL=http://www.edtnint.net/renx/maps/

Which is included in UDKEngine.ini. By default, RedirectToURL points to http://cdn.renegade-x.com/site/gamerepo/ . Everything else is already more or less configured -- you just have to point RedirectToURL to your own HTTP server. You basically just throw files into a flat-hierarchy directory, which might look something like this:

2017-04-24_18-01-30.png

• Like 1