[Level] CNC-Uphill Redux

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Uphill Redux

Backstory

After Havoc got stranded on a Nod operated Island and took High-Classified Information of the Nod Communication Center to find the whereabouts of the GDI scientists, GDI found something very interesting in those files. According to their files, there is a Nod base somewhere in the Andes, Argentinia, which is working on a Top Secret Project called Project I. It looks like Nod is developing and testing the so called "weapon" over there.

Civillians of towns near the mountain have recently seen weird Dark-Yellowish skies and said they heard heavy thunder when these skies appeared. GDI has send an advanced team to find out what's going on. This "Weapon" looks to GDI a real Terror and they want to get their hands on it before Nod uses it and maybe change the First Tiberium War

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Hi,

So after weeks of hard working, optimizing and testing. Version 2 of Uphill is finally here! This map has changed a lot since last version, which was crap. It was empty, big and very boring to play it. So I decided to work on this map and bring new life to this map!

I hope you like it and we manage to add it to an official patch! Make sure to check out the full changelist to see what has changed.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@TK0104

hmmm, you fixed to get on the actual top of the mountain but it's still partly accessible

Spoiler

GDIppStank.jpg

MountainNotFixed.jpg

you can overlook the whole Nodbase (just had to take cover due to the PP GT :P)
Stuck.jpg

T.O. got stuck (you can eventually jump out of it, but it takes time...) Thommy, why don't you block off the mountain right next to that spot? Then the whole mountain climbing isn't possibe anylonger.

Testers Easteregg - fix it or not, there's no gameplay related advantage behind GDIs base :P

Spoiler

Easteregg.jpg

Buggy ramp to jump on top of the bridge (collision) to avoid the soft border timer - we just used the med ramp to get vehicles on the other side. you can jump out of the map into the void (infinite parachuting - sniper wars @ThePirate / @roweboat)

Edited by DarkSn4ke

• Totem Arts Staff
On 5/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, DarkSn4ke said:

@TK0104

hmmm, you fixed to get on the actual top of the mountain but it's still partly accessible

Hide contents

GDIppStank.jpg

MountainNotFixed.jpg

you can overlook the whole Nodbase (just had to take cover due to the PP GT :P)
Stuck.jpg

T.O. got stuck (you can eventually jump out of it, but it takes time...) Thommy, why don't you block off the mountain right next to that spot? Then the whole mountain climbing isn't possibe anylonger.

Testers Easteregg - fix it or not, there's no gameplay related advantage behind GDIs base :P

Hide contents

Easteregg.jpg

Buggy ramp to jump on top of the bridge (collision) to avoid the soft border timer - we just used the med ramp to get vehicles on the other side. you can jump out of the map into the void (infinite parachuting - sniper wars @ThePirate / @roweboat)

Good don't fix that last one =p

• 1 month later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

@limsup Could you and Try-Out test this map once again? I want to push this map to an official patch because I think this map is ready for it.

@Fffreak9999 Can we have this map in the rotation of the marathon server for a week or less to give the players their opinion about this map?

@yosh56Any chance that this map can be added to an official patch later on?

2 hours ago, TK0104 said:

@limsup Could you and Try-Out test this map once again? I want to push this map to an official patch because I think this map is ready for it.

Try-Out recommends this map being sent to Constructive Tyranny's Marathon server...

Sorry, my high-end Ryzen PC's motherboard just died suddenly, so I am on my backup Ultrabook with Intel HD4400 graphics, so I can not host a proper testing server. Also my workstation in my office could run it, but corporate firewalls prevent me from successfully hosting it. So for the time being, I need to rely on Try-Out's server. He too is quite busy during weekdays, but we shall attempt to fulfill our duties best we can ^_^

Edited by limsup

• Totem Arts Staff
3 minutes ago, limsup said:

Update: Try-Out says that he didn't found any bugs on TrainingYard, so he recommends adding that map too to CT's servers.

Training Yard already appeared on the CT servers earlier but I don't recommend it for the marathon server. It is a small map and with 60 players it'll be crap! :(

• Totem Arts Staff
12 hours ago, TK0104 said:

Training Yard already appeared on the CT servers earlier but I don't recommend it for the marathon server. It is a small map and with 60 players it'll be crap! :(

I am not sure l, if it will be crap. 

The map is small and that is the special thing from this map.

I think you should try it for maybe a week.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...