Potential Map Flaw in Valley

Tinfect

I certainly hope this is the right place for a thread like this, and I apologize in advance if its not; and, for that matter, if this has been brought up already. I didn't see anything about it in the next few pages.

So, it appears that the Valley map, the one that allows the usage of only Infantry forces, has a slight flaw, at least from the Nod side. I've discovered that, from the Guard Tower closest to the Hand of Nod, it is possible to shoot at the GDI Barracks, allowing, say, Rocket Infantry, to quickly wipe out GDI's ability to produce advanced infantry units. 

I'm afraid I don't have screenshots at the moment, as I couldn't figure out how to make that work, but I can try to get some up if necessary.

• Totem Arts Staff

It would be necessary if a Dev needs to fix it. Unfortunatly, many people don't like Valley because it's Infantry Only. That's why none of the servers added it to the rotation.

So it's not really important :)

11 hours ago, Luhrian said:

Maybe we can optimize Valley a bit and making a map with tanks. I think that s a good idea, because then the work which is in this map isn't for nothing. 

Imagine: the side of the Lake for vehicles and the rest for infantry. Would be cool!

12 hours ago, vandal33 said:

I kinda like Valley because of its infantry-only status makes it unique and fun at times. Adding tanks to that map kills the uniqueness and we may as well play Islands.

If the map gets changed it doesn't mean that the 'old version' will stop to excist. Right now the map just isn't played BTW. 

On 3/22/2017 at 8:48 AM, TK0104 said:

It would be necessary if a Dev needs to fix it. Unfortunatly, many people don't like Valley because it's Infantry Only. That's why none of the servers added it to the rotation.

So it's not really important :)

Well that's unfortunate. I quite like the Infantry Only aspect.

• Totem Arts Staff
4 minutes ago, poi ❄ said:

I like Valley

You would... Sniper spots for days. 

I actually kinda' like Valley too though >_>. I think it's moreso the fact that 90% of this player base can't aim for crap.. There's only like a grand total of 15 players I even debate not fighting (sans if they're like... a Mendoza to my rifle soldier) as infantry. 8-0 with the autorifle/chaingun at the start is normal.... especially when I was in the states with a ping under 400 =(. Still do-able though.