GDI's inf compared to Nod's

ex_member

I hate using Nod inf, they're all so slow, it's boring as fuck. I dunno how "change inf speed" suggestion turned into "make everything move like a 90yo cottontop driver."

You can be invisible for 10min then throw C4 on a building, that's the high point for Nod inf.

Mendoza not having an LG anymore is some serious blasphemy too.

Yosh has much to answer for, that fiend

Patch is the only real problem i see, particularly at elite. Thought the guy had way too much projectile speed, making him hitscan was literally saying "here's a cheaper deadeye alternative that moves way faster with better building/tank killing capability in exchange for smoke grenades". 

Why's that?

Ok, Patch > LCG, but SBH > gunner. Also Mendoza and Mobius relation is similar to Chem and McFarland. Mobius has high dps, but lacks range and speed compared to Mendoza and it's the exact opposite for Chem vs. McFarland: the latter is more dynamic. I'd say infantry balance is in a really good state right now.

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Canucck said:

I hate using Nod inf, they're all so slow, it's boring as fuck. I dunno how "change inf speed" suggestion turned into "make everything move like a 90yo cottontop driver."

You can be invisible for 10min then throw C4 on a building, that's the high point for Nod inf.

Mendoza not having an LG anymore is some serious blasphemy too.

Yosh has much to answer for, that fiend

Don't type too fast. Your arthritis might start acting up old man. 

Also.. Nod only has 2 infantry unit slower [and I'm being generous by saying Patch is faster than an SBH by like... a tick] than GDI and .... and more that are faster. The Officer.. the Rocket soldier, the Flamethrower AND DOZA are all faster than their GDI counterparts... GG no RE 

And if anyone else had started this topic I might be able to take it forsrs. 

If Patch can take down doza then why have I basically never seen it happen unless there's a huge skill disparity between the players?
Are we just going to ignore the fact that doza has higher dps, hitscan and higher armour?
Also you would be surprised at how much damage you can do to someone by shoving an LCG in their face.

LCG is still very powerfull, the only real problem that unit got is the speed.

4 minutes ago, dr.schrott said:

Even in the wiki you can read about it:

"... a good Patch will kill about any rapid-firing Nod unit in a 1v1 duel. Even Mendoza will struggle  ...."

"...Even Mendoza will struggle..." sounds like Doza wins :D

• Totem Arts Staff

When your argument falls to the 'wording' of the wiki... you start to lose immediately. LCG still has higher DPS, and best suitability vs. tanks [It takes 8 straight hits from a med to kill an LCG... which is almost as much as it is to kill an Arty] . LCGs also delete infantry and can be used as rush units since they literally walk through mines and don't even lose their full armour value when doing so. 

If you lose to a Patch as a 'doza.... there's something wrong with you. Both of your weapons have a disadvantage to eachother's armour type... but one of you is ALWAYS hit-scan.. and one of you has a ridiculous ROF and headshot multiplier.

Mendoza actually wins in dps, you also need to consider the nonhitscan on patch on recruit/veteran. There's never a situation where 2 characters stand still and shoot each other without taking advantage of a projectile based weapon. Also consider that mendoza can solo buildings on his own and wreck heavy armor. 

Problem is that on elite, patch's only disadvantage is no longer a thing. 

3 hours ago, dr.schrott said:

Have you ever tested Patch standing still on one side and Doza on another and shoot each other in the head ? What will happen ?

Have you tested when Patch throws a grenade and continues shooting without a delay, who has better cards ? Doza or Patch ?

Some statistics. It assumes that both players are Recruit rank and are shooting standing still and facing each other; does not account projectile speed.

Assuming Doza is using Flechette mode (primary fire):

*15 hits to kill Patch with 175 armor (if the body is fully struck);
*8 hits to kill Patch with 175 armor with headshots;

Patch's Tac Rifle:

*27 hits to kill Doza with 225 armor (if the body is fully struck);
*11 hits to kill Doza with 225 armor with headshots;
*17 hits to kill Doza with 125 armor after alt grenade (if the body is fully struck);
*4 hits to kill Doza with 25 armor after alt grenade headshot and followed by more headshots;

Assuming both hit each other bodies with primary fire and without missing:
*Patch kills Doza in 0.14 x 27 = 3.78 seconds.
*Doza kills Patch in 0.12 x 15 = 1.80 seconds.
If they are both headshotting each other with primary fire:
*Patch kills Doza in 0.14 x 11 = 1.54 seconds.
*Doza kills Patch in 0.12 x 8 = 0.96 seconds.
If Patch lobs the grenade and fully hit Doza first
*Patch kills Doza in 0.14 x 17 = 2.38 seconds.
If Patch lobs the grenade and fully headshot Doza first, and kept headshotting with his gun:
*Patch kills Doza in 0.14 x 4 = 0.56 seconds.

Assuming both players possess the same skills, Mendoza would win since he needs about the half amount of time and less rounds to take down Patch, unless he gets headshotted by Patch's grenade (which is quite hard if both players are strafing around).

3 hours ago, dr.schrott said:

a good Patch will kill about any rapid-firing Nod unit in a 1v1 duel. Even Mendoza will struggle

@Quincy wrote that long time ago (yep, there are other people besides me on the wiki). But yes, "struggle" does not mean "lose". It means that Doza has more chances of being gunned down by Patch compared to, let's say, Gunner.

Go to the "weapons" section to find out some information about the characters' weapons.

Alas, the wiki does not have all the information. I cannot get every bit of data unless I dig deep into the SDK or the GitHub gets updated.

Edited by Jarzey

This is not a FPS fragfest. This is a strategy game. We've all seen a basic soldier take down a Mendoza or a flamethrower kill a Mobius. There isn't going to be a perfect balance between units on each team, because the teams are different

Comparing a theoretical unit vs unit duel is fun to discuss the theory of the game, but it misses what Renegade X is all about. You use your strengths and exploit your enemy's weaknesses in order to win. The results of two units facing off are completely inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

(That being said, I hate the spin-up delay of the LCG, lol)

Add recoil 

Add bullet ricochet

Make Mammy Hover

Give Gunner Jetpack

Sell Sakura Nudes

Edit: Add a scripted "STAY IN BASE" restriction to Jeff and BiBi, whenever they leave their base before a player reaches Elite their sight gradually gets darker and darker and darker and darker and darker... AndThenYosh'sBestTrollFaceAppears

Game saved.

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff
7 hours ago, CampinJeff said:

Mendoza actually wins in dps, you also need to consider the nonhitscan on patch on recruit/veteran. There's never a situation where 2 characters stand still and shoot each other without taking advantage of a projectile based weapon. Also consider that mendoza can solo buildings on his own and wreck heavy armor. 

Problem is that on elite, patch's only disadvantage is no longer a thing. 

Elite Patch's 'problem' is actually lessened by making him hit-scan.. His range is actually decreased, as opposed to being hit-scan for about 2000 meters. And it's more optimized from an engine standpoint as there's no projectile physics involved. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10.03.2017 at 9:10 PM, Jarzey said:
On 10.03.2017 at 6:15 PM, dr.schrott said:

a good Patch will kill about any rapid-firing Nod unit in a 1v1 duel. Even Mendoza will struggle

@Quincy wrote that long time ago (yep, there are other people besides me on the wiki). But yes, "struggle" does not mean "lose". I

:D

I wrote that a good couple months ago back when Patch's grenade was OP. Now he's more sane as a character, Mendoza should be able to deal with him.

• 1 month later...

I do not agree I think the Nod Laser troopers are far more powerful then GDI we need Gunner and Patch to have new weapons, As it is now both the SBH and LCG can destroy both troops and vehicles much easier then Patch and Gunner I have seen and been on both ends of these.

Maybe Gunner should get some sort of Assault Cannon or similar weapon

Patch should get either a Bolter type or the Auto shotgun with Frag-12 high explosive or armour piercing rounds.

I feel these would then be better for them.

But I bet most people here will tell me I am wrong or crazy.

• 1 month later...

I don't even know if I should bother trying to lift you of your ridiculous nonsensical hate towards GDI, but just so you stop spreading this nonsense:

27 minutes ago, dr.schrott said:

Comparing to LCG, if we leave out the speed as an advantage and look at accuracy, patch is more accurate than LCG and has no spin up delay ! Why does LCG have such a recoil?

Patch is anti-infantry. He's made to fuck over LCGs and any sort of infantry. He's useless against any vehicle more expensive than an arty. 

LCGs are anti-vehicle. They are supposed to annihilate GDI vehicles (which they do incredibly well) and attempt to infiltrate bases. Their huge health pool is a menace for any infantry unit and I more than often catch myself destroying Patches while I'm an LCG.

Nods anti-infantry unit is also their infiltration unit, the SBH. His weapons have no spread and barely any recoil. 

32 minutes ago, dr.schrott said:

IDK, logically it makes no sense (laser with bigger recoil than a gun shooting little bombs ), but, perhaps as LCG is meant to be an anti-tank unit.

YES.

The only problem here is, that Patch is not bad against vehicles too, so this makes it just look a bit inconsistent approach.

NO.

Imao, patch is still OP in comparison with other units, especially on higher veterancy levels.

Anti-infantry doing anti-infantry thing. It would suck if he'd be bad against infantry.