Investigating Tiberium

LavaDr4gon

• Former Developers

I certainly haven't seen a bunch of the leaked footage they showed in this clip. I had no idea it had a top down commander style map view. Pretty interesting.

I think I can speak for us all and say that we would love to see a reboot of the franchise, but I have a feeling that C&C has been a bit too tough on EA's wallets to see it as a potential money maker in the future. One can hope though... better yet... Let us do it :P

• Like 4

Yisssss, please LET US make it happen! :x9_9:D

But this can only be a community driven effort, step by step:

We already have map-overview ingame and Commander-Mode mutator with UI!

Squad systems (for TS) have also been discussed to organise PUGs.

Now, we "only" have to merge these features and ideas to get there!

Dynamic basebuilidng could then be another step... :)

Besides UDK (or UE4) is somewhat open-source and everyone can contribute with bits!!!

Just look at all the cool custom maps and mutators our community has created!

I wouldnt worry that much about IP and making money. So far, people have contributed their time just for the love of the franchise. 

• Like 1

When this "fails to live up to EA standards" but stuff like 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra - The Game' gets released around the same time, it really begs the question as to what their standards are...

This comment on Youtube reflects my opinion.

It's always a shame to see a game so far in development being cancelled. All that work for nothing.

This was the only game I was really hyped for back then, I rarely get hyped for any game, and then the cancellation happened..

Same happened to Generals 2, that could've been a cool game, I liked how there was a European army.

• Like 2

I've seen this somewhere... what was it again...

Oh right, Republic Commando. That concept was awesome and well made by LucasArts already, but combine it with the Tiberium Franchise and some sweet Multiplayer with some classical CnC command parts, you'd have an awesome genuine game. 

But yeah, the squad commands, the modular weapon, this is absolutely Republic Commando. Other than that, nice idea, nice try, to hell with EA. 

EDIT: I should've finished watching the video before replying. It is by no ways identical to Republic Commando, but gives a similar feel. Albeit more tiberiumish.

Edited by KrypTheBear

On 2/22/2017 at 2:45 AM, yosh56 said:

Pretty sure the CnC community as a whole can make a better CnC game than EA's proven to over the years.

I don't know. Red Alert 2 set the bar really high. It was all downhill from there, though.

We could do Dune. Because thats not something thats been done in a long, long time.

Edited by Hohndo

Guest Gliven

RA2 wasn't developed by EA, but they dictated the amount of money and time that was put into it. It was rushed because EA gave them a strict schedule. The game came out buggy and then they came out with yuri's revenge which came out with its own problems. Publishers don't make the games themselves but they have a lot of power to push the developers in a certain direction, good or bad.

Same thing happened with tiberium sun. If Westwood had worked at their own pace and scheduling. The game would have been a lot different.

Well ..idk ..squads ..hummm  mb for SP mode but for MP ?? .I like better the RenX recipe :P

There is some elements that i like in it ,like the scify stuff (aliens theme)

may be its time to put aside Nod and going for aliens :)

3:26 This is cool stuff  to do .

Tbh : if today this game was done like what we can see in the video ...my choice would be playing RenX ..wouldn't  say i wouldn't try it tho

Guest Gliven
6 hours ago, LavaDr4gon said:

Also a lot later.

considering how many years ive played tib sun, i think waiting another couple of months or a year for a better product would have been worth it.

Guest Gliven

but then again, even if they had more time. There is no guarantee it would have been better. Just look at how Duke Nukem forever ended up. 

• 4 weeks later...