[Level] CNC-Walls II

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

CNC-Walls II

Yo,

So as you may know this month Walls Snowing is added to the rotation of the CT servers, which is awesome! But I played it once and noticed it wasn't really a snowy map. So I've been in contact with Henk (The original developer of Walls Snowing) and he said it would be OK if I release a newer version of the map. So I've been doing some changes to the map.

- Added Some awesome snowmarkers to the map

- Tweaked the landscape for natural erosion

- Changed Lighting settings

- Added snowblend materials to some meshes

- Added some ice to spots

- Added a nice Christmas Easter Egg (Hint: You can search everywhere but you can't see it ;))

One thing to make clear to you guys. This is actually my Christmas present for you guys (Yes already). It was pure for Christmas which means I will still continue all my other maps as promised. I don't have any plans for any release at the moment so this could be the last map I release this year. Well....maybe an updated version of A map.....

But hey, why am I still typing this text?. You should click that donwload button and add it to your game.

Enjoy!

NOTE: Trying to ask @Fffreak9999 and/or @Ruud033 to add it to the server.

hmm, yesterday evening I've downloaded the new City version & Walls_snowing.

unzipped -> moved to RenX directory.... started RenX -> CRASH!!! dunno what happened.. and I doubt that the maps had anything to do with it... I fixed the game by resetting it (rebooted and everything but RenX wouldnt start without a reset :()

there wasn't even an error msg, just the black starting screen (after you have the small RenX Loading Screen on your desktop) with the hourglass (win10 circle thing)

Edited by DarkSn4ke

19 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Walls_Snowing_(4).png.87ad22dffa00007418

Those sand waves to the left of this image? It doesn't look like all the sand was removed.

SnowySand

No, that's just the normal and diffuse channel. I meant the physical material that causes the dust clouds to form when you shoot the ground, the sandy footstep sound and vehicle movement sounds. 

http://bfy.tw/8yiU

On 11-12-2016 at 11:45 AM, Henk said:

Those sand-like waves are one of the things I fixed in a newer version I was working on but gave up on.

The physical material was set to Snow last time I checked your version though.

Did you check the physical material in the landscape layers via the layer edit? 

• Totem Arts Staff

Well I swear to god I haven't done anything with collisions

EDIT: I checked the bushes on collision, my SDK shows no collision to bushes to it can't be them. I think I know what it was. I added collision to the snowmarkers in the field (right side GDI base, Left Side Nod Base). I removed them from the field so think that was the problem

Edited by ThommyK0104

@Ruud033 I did, but, that was on a newer version I was working on, Thommy continued on my first version, don't know if it was set up correctly on that first one.

But @Madkill40's comment wasn't about the physical material I believe, but about the way the snow looks, those waves. As far as I know snow doesn't usually make waves like that, but sand does.

• Totem Arts Staff
13 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

Please adjust the minelimit....

24 Mines is a real disadvantage for Nod.

It forces Nod to camp HoN 24/7 :(

I could check it out but I swear I didn't do anything to the bloody minelimit

• 3 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

A new version is available! This one is similair to the current Walls Flying in Snow style. It also includes a non-flying version, so check it out!

NOTE: CT servers are currently not updated to this version so be careful what you do!!!