Spy units refill

ex_member

1 hour ago, CampinJeff said:

Not a necessity, but you can fool enemies by standing still in front of purchase terminals with your c4 on the mct

lol, that sounds hilarious. I don't think it would be effective though.

@topic

That would certainly make spies much more powerful, since any spy with a rep tool would be able to destroy enemy building. Spy engis would be able to do so within 12 seconds (2 refills for remotes... 1 refill every 6 seconds if I'm correct). Spy engis would be too good imo.

But right now spies aren't very useful. Aside from SBH spy that is great on every map, the rest of them only make sense on maps with base defences. So maybe some kind of spy buff would be needed.

5 hours ago, Quincy said:

That would certainly make spies much more powerful, since any spy with a rep tool would be able to destroy enemy building. Spy engis would be able to do so within 12 seconds (2 refills for remotes... 1 refill every 6 seconds if I'm correct). Spy engis would be too good imo.

I agree - to powerful.

5 hours ago, Quincy said:

But right now spies aren't very useful. Aside from SBH spy that is great on every map, the rest of them only make sense on maps with base defences. So maybe some kind of spy buff would be needed.

it's more like useful on maps without base defenses, since base defense shoots on spies.
My personal problem with spies is more that every player can easily distinguish them by just aiming and look for the color change on the crosshair.
maybe that friend/foe color behavior of the hud should be fooled too. 

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, DrSilence said:

it's more like useful on maps without base defenses, since base defense shoots on spies.

Hi Silence,

Spies are immune to the targetting of ANY base defense, and the players have the friendly target box for spies as well.

• Totem Arts Staff

there is a reluctance for spies that are capable of straight up destroying a building "silently"

(i.e 100% health and armor gone in a very short space of time).

however i would like to see all the spies be SBH since they were the case in the original game (server side addition).

this would be good for both GDI and Nod, especially on Base defense levels.

If a spy could temporarily disable a building for some amount of time (1 minute 30 seconds for example) that'd be handy. 

Something which allows them to hack the Master Control Terminal in order to disable the building would probably be best.

To show this in the UI a building icon would flash Yellow.

Note: Disable NOT destroy. 

Edited by Madkill40

Sounds a lot like Planetside to me, hacking terminals for your team and all that.

What would be a nice patch for spies is if the green name was shown like with a real teammate. The way to identify them would be to look at the scoreboard. Or they just "steal" a name from that team (like team fortress spies)

29 minutes ago, KrypTheBear said:

Sounds a lot like Planetside to me, hacking terminals for your team and all that.

What would be a nice patch for spies is if the green name was shown like with a real teammate. The way to identify them would be to look at the scoreboard. Or they just "steal" a name from that team (like team fortress spies)

Or they just get a 'Player285' name slapped onto them.