Wiki Needs More Contributors!

Agent

• Totem Arts Staff

Huh, wait. Coulda sworn I've replaced the proxy image with transparent background

Also, guys, isn't it 'defusing', not 'diffusing'

Diffuse : http://www.dictionary.com/browse/diffuse?o=1

Defuse : http://www.dictionary.com/browse/defuse?s=t

Not trying to be grammar nazi, but wiki needs perfect grammar and vocabulary.

EDIT : Something is wrong with the infobox, what happened in the background there Agent?

I disabled some PHP functions, and as it turns out the wiki actually requires one of them. If there's any pages still displaying an error (or otherwise missing the info box), please load the page with the following query string at the end: ?action=purge

If it turns out that you can't do that, you can just edit the page or something to clear the cached entry for that page.

If there's still an error after that, let me know (though there shouldn't be any).

Also: Looking forward to more contributions Yagi & ERROR! ^-^

• 1 month later...

Created flame tank, mobile artillery, apache and orca.

Encountered some problems:

- couldn't find a good picture for an arty and orca. Is there any other source for pics than Google?

- don't know how to assign a single article to many names. For example now it tells me that the page 'artillery' doesn't exist, but I created the page 'mobile artillery'. How to make it so that my article shows when you type in 'artillery'?

Also, as the apache and the orca are very similar, I've basically copy-pasted one article to the other (of course changing the correspondent names, etc.). Is this okay? Or is it a better idea to make a single article for both of those vehicles? Not sure, but I think it's good how it is now.

Anonymous editing disabled due to spam bots.

Anybody can still edit the wiki who makes an account, and email validation is not required to make a wiki account.

Also, thank you SinisterPoem and Jarzey for your continued contributions to the Wiki! (:

• 5 weeks later...

Since there were still occasional spam bots, I've added reCAPTCHA to the wiki. This is the simple version that requires you to just click the "I'm a Human" box most of the time, and only appears during account creation, failed logins, and when adding an external URL to a page.

Once again, thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Wiki!

• 4 weeks later...

Articles about Vehicles, Buildings, and Infantry, are mostly, if not, complete by now. For Maps, I will await the new map releases before rewriting some of the articles.

Right now, in order to get started on the Weapons articles, it would be handy for me to know the base damage of each weapon (along with other technical stuff). I believe there is a damage chart compiled somewhere by the developers.

If for any reason the damage chart cannot be displayed to me or the public, or if such chart was never actually complied, I can calculate damage towards vehicles and building by myself, but I require a volunteer in order to calculate damage values against infantry, especially accounting factors such as their type of armor, headshot multipliers, et cetera.

Jarzey! Thanks so much for your contributions! ^-^

As far as I'm aware, we have no such chart. However you can probably find most of the relevant numbers in the class files on either GitHub or the SDK. In particular you'll want to look at the defaultproperties at the very bottom of the Rx_Weapon_* classes (Damage and other projectile properties will generally be in the Rx_Projectile_* classes though).

Here's a link to the github repo, though it hasn't really been updated in quite some time (but is still more up-to-date than the SDK): https://github.com/TotemArts/Renegade-X/tree/master

Looking through GitHub files should be good enough to get me started. (Worst situation, I will write the article for the weapons first and compile their damage sheets later). Thanks for the tip.

Edit: After a quick reading of the file, I should be able to get the damage values from Rx_Projectile and the damage multipliers from Rx_DmgType.

And jarzey I was looking at wiki other night and saw only you lol

I know right? Seems like others just vanished and got buried under lines of text...

Well, people are busy with their lives, and if they have free time to dedicate to RenX, I think they would play the game rather than write about the game instead. Not a big deal for me, given that RenX gameplay is made of few core concepts (especially compared to those online games which introduce new stuff to the game every version or so), and that I actually enjoy writing, I have no qualms in writing the articles just by myself.

On the other hand, articles about server and development, such as Jupiterbot and RCON stuff, well... I have no experience in coding or knowledge of the SDK, therefore I probably will not contribute in writing those articles.

• 1 month later...

Trying to access following article (http://renx.wiki/wiki/Soldier) throws this error message:

[b6091164] 2016-08-02 12:17:12: Fatal exception of type "MWException"

Similar exceptions are thrown for any infantry article (e.g. Shotgunner gets this: [07f82590] 2016-08-02 12:19:32: Fatal exception of type "MWException")

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Several posts before I've mentioned that I would provide weapons' damage values. After an intense scavenging hunt into the GitHub repo (and patch notes), the damage values have been compiled for every weapon (infantry, vehicle, defenses).

Now it would be awesome if the veterancy values were released on GitHub as well (not going to download the SDK only to look at a bunch of numbers), so I can provide more detailed info on the bonuses granted by higher ranks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jarzey said:

Several posts before I've mentioned that I would provide weapons' damage values. After an intense scavenging hunt into the GitHub repo (and patch notes), the damage values have been compiled for every weapon (infantry, vehicle, defenses).

Now it would be awesome if the veterancy values were released on GitHub as well (not going to download the SDK only to look at a bunch of numbers), so I can provide more detailed info on the bonuses granted by higher ranks.

<3

Timed C4s deal 400 damage, not 200

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Agent said:

While the values shouldn't have changed too awfully much, the GitHub repo is actually pretty out of date, as well as the SDK.

Once again though, thanks for the continued contributions to the Wiki Jarzey. It's much appreciated.

I am well aware of that, that's why I analyzed Yosh's recent patch note posts and extracted the changes from there. But sometimes he doesn't really specify how much a value has changed (by using adverbs such as "slightly").  I also had to manually test some values in-game, and ended up with some peculiar results:

- Patch's Tac Rifle actually has an enormous range, more than MRLS and Artillery, but less than Sniper/Ramjet.

- Marksman Rifle is the weapon with the highest range value,  Missile/Rocket Launchers come after, and Sniper/Ramjet Rifles have less range than the former two. Of course, the range values of those three are so high that no one would notice in conventional matches.

- It could be intentional, but Apache's Rockets deal less damage to infantry compared to its 30mm Auto Cannons. And that's a full hit by the rocket, not splash damage; they do more damage only by headshots.

Those findings were tested in Skirmish mode; maybe they change in multiplayer mode?

Granted that there are some mistakes, but I am pretty confident that most of the damage values should be correct or close to the right value.

Edited by Jarzey

• Agent unpinned this topic