New Launcher v0.55

RypeL

Schmitzenbergh fixed the quotation marks problem (joining without steam got you quotationmarks arround your nick) and added a new "Skip intro movies" option in the top section of the launcher.

Thank you Schmitzenbergh!

We will also be pushing this out as an automatic update for the launcher later, but we want to wait with that till after the next RenX patch, which is supposed to land very soonish, to avoid colissions in the updateprocesses.

Since then you can get the new 0.55 launcher from here:

http://renegade-x-forum.eu.file-server.download/

• Totem Arts Staff
We will also be pushing this out as an automatic update for the launcher later, but we want to wait with that till after the next RenX patch, which is supposed to land very soonish, to avoid colissions in the updateprocesses

Nice.

• Totem Arts Staff

Question: Now that you're working on the launcher again, is there a chance the preview images of the new or day/night maps will be added to the launcher? Canyon, Field, Mesa for instance don't have an image now.

Those need to be made first. And canyon night image don't have 2 be one made. Not one server runs canyon night :(

Very nice :)

Question: Now that you're working on the launcher again, is there a chance the preview images of the new or day/night maps will be added to the launcher? Canyon, Field, Mesa for instance don't have an image now.

If the images can be provided, this would be possible. I'm not an expert in editing the screens to look nice, so if someone can do this for me :o

Also, if Thommy and DaKuja coud send me their desired map pic I can add them too. The maps are in the official RenX distribution so it would be nice to see those added.

If you could send them in PNG format with a height of 256px and width of 512px that would be preferred :cool:

• Totem Arts Staff
Also, if Thommy and DaKuja coud send me their desired map pic I can add them too. The maps are in the official RenX distribution so it would be nice to see those added.

If you could send them in PNG format with a height of 256px and width of 512px that would be preferred :cool:

I'm gonna update yard soon. will make one and put it in my package

• 2 weeks later...
When trying to disable intro movies, I get "Error while changing intro movies!". I have latest patch of RenX (5.14)

You have a duplicate movie leftover from the previous update. Check your movies folder if there are 2 files with the same name. One with the extension .bik, the other .bak

Remove the .bik file and try it again.

I'll try to find a more permanent solution to this. The launcher searches for the bik file and changes it to bak. But when both are present it wont disable them.

If you can't figure it out just pm me.

• 1 month later...
Your link dose not work anymore. http://renegade-x-forum.eu.file-server.download/

Here ya go, I uploaded my copy of the v0.55 launcher for you and everyone else to use while this version is not available yet anywhere else. :)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7vjdB ... sp=sharing

I BELIEVE that all you should do is replace the old files in the 'Launcher' folder with these new ones.