Game performance

IonTech

Hi, I'm finally switching from radio internet into ftth, so bye bye lags :) but I have other issue, which is annoying, actually it is lower fps than it should be, my GTX 750Ti should run RenX in 60fps with no problems, but whole time I'm playing this game i have 40-55, and only sometimes I have 60 - 61fps, is it my computer performance issue or something in game ?

Oh god. I would have a headache if I played on those settings.

I'm pretty sure it is a game optimization problem. I get really weird fps drops that shouldn't happen.

You could try toggling vsync and see if that helps. Also try playing in fullscreen and see if that helps. Windowed is more intensive than fullscreen. Could also just...lower your settings hah.

Other than that. Make sure you don't have any intensive processes running in the background. And make sure you don't have 1000 tabs open in chrome.

Check for viruses and defrag your hard drives.

If it's related to a certain map then it's probably something funky with that one. Or possibly the massive vehicle limit on eyes that someone put.

Very high settings and all effects enabled on that budget card + CPU probably won't do it.

Why wouldn't you just lower some of the settings to get a stable framerate...!?

I ran RenX in Ultra on an Intel Pentium and a GTX 660 perfectly fine, and ever since Beta 5 I can't get above 30 FPS on an i7 4790 and a GTX 770.

@Electrifier I do agree beta 5 has dramatically changed my framerates to less than plesant, it doesn't explain your case at all... I run a laptop with an I7 3610QM and a geforce 650m, a major step down from you, but at ultra I rarely would go below 25 fps and my max could be 58 in some situations. There has to be some other cause in your situation.

As for the OP, your cpu is the culprit unfortunately, I compared it to mine in the cpu benchmark tool and while it did have better single core performance, I think it is likely not enough to surpass my own. Mine almost doubled it in the overall performance so although this might not be a super accurate test I think that is the answer.

TLDR: It's your cpu mate.

I noticed from your screenshots "Static Decals" was checked, is there still an clearly apparent loss of performance when that setting is enabled or was that fixed already?

I also kind of feel like this game just isn't well optimized, I have an i5-3570k and amd 7870 (not a great gpu but plenty for this game still imo) and while I do see fps around 70+ (on high settings) I also see dips below 40 or so quite a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
Also try playing in fullscreen and see if that helps. Windowed is more intensive than fullscreen.
One thing I wanna know is...... why do you set it to Windowed there? Don't you know it decreases performance because.... divided concentration between game and desktop?

Answer:

(Im playing on 1920x1080, had to switch into windowed for taking screenshots.

I noticed from your screenshots "Static Decals" was checked, is there still an clearly apparent loss of performance when that setting is enabled or was that fixed already?

I also kind of feel like this game just isn't well optimized, I have an i5-3570k and amd 7870 (not a great gpu but plenty for this game still imo) and while I do see fps around 70+ (on high settings) I also see dips below 40 or so quite a bit.

Yes static decals afaik can't be fixed and still cost a lot of performance. There are a lot of them in the maps (the static tire tracks) and mappers would have to remove most of them to lesson the problem. So If you do not have a highend PC then you should turn them off.

• Totem Arts Staff

i was having issues with the game and the udk (editor) its self

ive tested a number of cards 8800GT + 8800 gt in sli gtx 460 and my current gtx 760 and wile having some issues with the 8800 gt's (old) the gtx 460 and 760 were pritty much the same but here is the strange thing the gtx 760 @ low and ultra (-AA on both) was pumping out basicly the same FPS ill have to do the test again with the 460

i dont have a amd card to test but i think both side are having issues

i believe the problem lies with the new drivers both amd and nvidia are rolling out ... more so with windows 10 then 7 / 8.# may be coz of DX12 but i cant say for sure alls i know is that when i updated to win 10 i was having problems i may install win 7 and do some tests

• Totem Arts Staff
(Im playing on 1920x1080, had to switch into windowed for taking screenshots.

Thank you Lava

Anyways, IonTech. Does F9 (screenshot button) work for you?

You can see the screenshot as BMP in UDKGame\Screenshots\Win32 (or Win64 if you tweaked the game to play the 64 bit version)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

thouught i would come back to this as i just found out Hardware physics is set to off by default

ONLY FOR NVIDIA USERS (dont know how this will affect AMD users)

in C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\UDKGame\Config (or were ever your game is)

find

bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=true

and set it to false

bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=false

this should boost fps when more and more vehicles are in game

i can't play this game anymore since beta 3, and beta 5 is now the absolute worst, i can't even enjoy skirmish games anymore and that was the only thing that i could still play with a reasonable framerate. i posted way back about the problem and i really dont know how you guys went from beta 2 which ran absolutely fine with everything up and on to absolutely impossible to play on low settings even.

i can't play this game anymore since beta 3, and beta 5 is now the absolute worst, i can't even enjoy skirmish games anymore and that was the only thing that i could still play with a reasonable framerate. i posted way back about the problem and i really dont know how you guys went from beta 2 which ran absolutely fine with everything up and on to absolutely impossible to play on low settings even.

If you have a computer from 1990 it won't run Ren-X anymore.

What are your specs?

- CPU brand + model

- Motherboard brand + model

- Graphics card brand + model

- RAM brand + amount

What is your operating system?

- Linux/OSX/WinXP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win8.1/Win10

- Last updated: .... ??

What are your specs?

- CPU brand + model

- RAM brand + amount

if you would have read what i wrote you would know that it's not the first time i posted my specs, on this forum there's probably 2-3 places where i had to post my specs with the same question that is so senseless because in the end it doesnt matter, nobody posts shit after that so i might aswell leave it, or wear a permanent badge on my chest with my specs on it.....also it's a PC from last year, it runs far cry 4, crysis 3 etc maxed out, its most likely something to do with my AMD card.

i just posted to underscore the sillyness of the optimization, i kinda gave up that it gets better.

What are your specs?

- CPU brand + model

- RAM brand + amount

if you would have read what i wrote you would know that it's not the first time i posted my specs, on this forum there's probably 2-3 places where i had to post my specs with the same question that is so senseless because in the end it doesnt matter, nobody posts shit after that so i might aswell leave it, or wear a permanent badge on my chest with my specs on it.....also it's a PC from last year, it runs far cry 4, crysis 3 etc maxed out, its most likely something to do with my AMD card.

also...guy...how did you miss the part where i said that beta 2 ran totally fine with everything cranked up?

i just posted to underscore the sillyness of the optimization, i kinda gave up that it gets better.

Well i did that 3 times already or so, and nah, i'm good. im just waiting for updates and see if one of them works, if not, then not, i'm just not into the mood and play parrot and deliver my specs over and over. i'm not asking for help either. i asked more than once before tho. :P i will wait, if things change then nice, if not, then, thats life.

• 2 weeks later...