CNC-Containment (Infantry Only Map)

Handepsilon

• Totem Arts Staff

Tiberium Containment Field is a large facility containing a large tiberium patch. The facility is used to extract the Tiberium for further research and/or funding the army, as well as keeping it from spreading out. A pair of specially designed Silos are constructed to automatically gather the Tiberium crystals.

Download Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6yEH_ ... sp=sharing

Screenshots :

--GDI Base--

xb0kzn.jpg

25rcb5d.jpg

--Nod Base--

8ygmpx.jpg

5mmn9z.jpg

--Field--

28gyozr.jpg

307q849.jpg

6f1uhh.jpg

2ia39es.jpg

An indoor-styled infantry only map. Each base has a silo that produces 5 creds per second. Field silos will produce more, but also serves as high-traffic junctions so expect lots of conflict there. Also available is a pickupable faction-specific rifle on each dead ends of lower platform.

Base is semi-seamlessly connected to the map as a 'chamber. Airstrike may not work, but nuclear and ion cannon beacons will destroy the base even if planted near the silo. Due to the system, it's not advised to cap the silo before planting the beacon

Base interior is slightly modified. Barracks left door is blocked while Hand of Nod received additional 2 PTs while blocking the lower corridors safe for the MCT spot. Floor is added on top of HoN MCT as well as blockings on the windows

AoW Mine limit suggestion : 10

• Totem Arts Staff

Like CNC-Deck? Piece o' cake

Yea, Deck has those jars going around back and forth in the background. You can see some matinees there. A lot of UT3 DM maps sometimes have this as well as decorations (like DM-Carbon, those robot factory animations are top-notch, or DM-HeatRay, with the trains and transport vessels going around (one drops a DarkWalker)). Perhaps some people can play around with the matinee and create some sort of background animations? Just some thoughts for seasonings in the dish

Played it, i like it. Very creative.

Lot's of credits, not necessarily bad, I think it's fun on this map.

Add some supports to the catwalks by the tiberium field, like the ones used in volcano, but then place them under the catwalks.

And maybe block the place between the big silos and the roof, when you crouch there your camera will go through the walls, looks a bit weird.

And a suggestion: how about a moving platform (or multiple) above the tiberium field? Could result in some fun gameplay.

• Totem Arts Staff

Catwalks supports check (forgot that lol). big silos... which one? all silos are same sizes. Did you mean ones in the base?

I'm thinking of a 4-way rotating platform, really. Perhaps a scripted time where it went alert and spins up at high speed, making it virtually impossible to get in and out without risking yourself

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff
I like the idea of this map more than its current state. It needs destroyable Purchase Terminals, otherwise it's going to be nigh impossible to ever end it. Also.. silos give some ridiculous credit values.

Please tell me that I can use the Destroy kismet node on the Purchase Terminal class. But yeah, I get what you mean, it's gonna be refill-fest whenever you try to defend the base

About creds, it was in discussions. Some say it's just nice enough, but yeah, it's too easy to get money even with one base silo

I like the idea of this map more than its current state. It needs destroyable Purchase Terminals, otherwise it's going to be nigh impossible to ever end it. Also.. silos give some ridiculous credit values.

Please tell me that I can use the Destroy kismet node on the Purchase Terminal class. But yeah, I get what you mean, it's gonna be refill-fest whenever you try to defend the base

About creds, it was in discussions. Some say it's just nice enough, but yeah, it's too easy to get money even with one base silo

You can destroy the invisible PT actor by Kismet. The static mesh is something you can't destroy. Then again, I'd set the PT material to LOD3 via kismet MIC and spawn an emitter that gives sparks and stuff to show off that the PT is broken / out of order

• Totem Arts Staff

You can destroy the invisible PT actor by Kismet. The static mesh is something you can't destroy. Then again, I'd set the PT material to LOD3 via kismet MIC and spawn an emitter that gives sparks and stuff to show off that the PT is broken / out of order

The invisible PT Actor destruction is all I need, for the Static Mesh, I can either use that or change the static mesh into interpactor and use matinee that runs in one frame (blinks away!)

Either way works, thanks for the advice