C&C - Valley [Infantry Only]

Hey everyone,

I'm one of the developers on the RenegadeX team; responsible for CNC-Whiteout and CNC-Complex. Anyway, I'm here to today to share a bit about one of two new maps I've been working on. I actually started these two maps more than a year ago, but never finished them due to time restrictions.

Regardless, I have some free time now, and I have started working to finish both of these maps. The first map is called CNC-Valley. Valley is an infantry only map in which both teams possess a power plant, infantry building, sniper towers, and a silo in their bases. Furthermore, there are two additional silos around the center of the map.

These silos introduce a form of income in a map where there are no refineries and tiberium fields. Furthermore, the silos, being sources of lower income, provide each match with a certain tension derived from managing one's resources. Credits are harder to come by here, and players must be careful with their purchases.

Anyway, how about some pictures and a video?

TnAR0gQ.png

tbsKLTt.png

J6V1xZc.png

oLyYugp.png

zfLtutz.png

PlUS2mj.png

mES4PmO.png

v5dRYpe.png

0ehDiRT.png

I should note, these picture may appear a little bit darker or saturated than the map actually is (depends on your monitor).

Finally, here is a short game-play music video! Let me know what you all think, thanks everyone :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIWdUfnq634

Wow, you legit had this idea 3-4 months before I suggested it with the release of the SDK then. I did suggest an infantry map with 3-5 silos instead of refs for both sides.

I believe I actually remember seeing you post something about that idea, and I had made a comment about myself working on a similar thing.

Its really quite fun, I'm excited for people to have the opportunity to try it once completed :)

Nice,an infantry only map,can't wait for this one.

I should note, these picture may appear a little bit darker or saturated than the map actually is (depends on your monitor).

Finally, here is a short game-play music video! Let me know what you all think, thanks everyone :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd8WIRUcCO4

As it seems, it's close to field(if I'm not mistaken) ,visibility is good.

The map looks great! I like it. Makes me remember of another map that was in the works when this game was still in closed beta... i don't exactly remember the name of it. Did you make that map? it was an open desert map with both basic and advanced base defences.

But anyhow, back to discussion of this map... I could see a chokepoint in some parts of the video, therefore my little suggestion is to if you want to add them, make sure there are enough alternative routes that may or may not lead to each other, whatever you like :P .

The map looks great! I like it. Makes me remember of another map that was in the works when this game was still in closed beta... i don't exactly remember the name of it. Did you make that map? it was an open desert map with both basic and advanced base defences.

But anyhow, back to discussion of this map... I could see a chokepoint in some parts of the video, therefore my little suggestion is to if you want to add them, make sure there are enough alternative routes that may or may not lead to each other, whatever you like :P .

The open desert map was more than likely Daybreak, my other map I'd like to work on finishing. I'm excited to get back to that one.

As for choke-points, there are three main 'lanes' in the map (think MOBAs) with a few routes in between. There was a fourth lane, but I decided to close it off as I felt the map was a little too large.

I will be adding a bit more cover in some areas. Further testing may reveal the need to uncover that fourth lane uncover, but we will see.

Thanks for the feedback!

UPDATE:

I've been working on a lighting and color overhaul for the map. In order to introduce some more contrast and improve visibility, I've shifted the time of day to something akin to dust. There are some other additions and changes as well; regardless, here are some new work-in-progress pictures:

MtmLAeI.png

066CFi3.png

Odu0n63.png

fgDetyh.png

AttNEsW.png

Nice, nice... Can you tell me what the other map is which you are working on?

Sure. The map I'll be finishing after Valley is called CNC-Daybreak. It is a standard C&C mode map, and it is also the largest map of any of our official maps.

e7bvI7W.jpg

There is a picture :P

Thanks, can't wait. Now only City *cursed* flying and we're set!

Looks really nice

would love if there would be some health/armour packs and weapons lying around to for you to pick up, i think it would spice up the map.

also you should consider keeping the map as night, the darkness would help players sneak into the enemy base easier :)

Keep up the good work

Wow, great work!

I like the sky/mood - colorful, yet authentic.

Nice to see some more infantry combat with cover spots and nice details.

How about adding some gun/rocket emplacements - either as base defences or on strategic positions on the battlefield, e.g. to defend/attack silos?

Keep it up!

p.s. can't wait to see more pics of C&C Daybreak :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...