Maps Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

Hello everyone!

How are you all? We've been busy enjoying our latest release, Beta 3: the most stable and most complete version of Renegade X thus far. Renegade X is a multiplayer Tactical Shooter based on the Command & Conquer universe. It is a standalone indie game that can be downloaded for absolutely free[ here: http://renegade-x.com/download.php

But in between playing, we've also been working on a few things. We have been preparing a new version of Renegade X that will feature a few new multiplayer levels, fixes, and some gameplay changes. We will be sharing more details about our upcoming release soon - but you can expect a new version in early 2015.

Indie of the Year awards!

Phase 2 of the Indie of the Year awards has begun! Please vote for Renegade X by clicking "Tactical Shooter" and pressing the "VOTE" button next to Renegade X: http://www.indiedb.com/events/2014-indi ... rds/top100

If you have voted in Phase 1, you can vote again in Phase 2!

Spread the word! It's time to win some awards.

10648210_10152920251047431_3693034452909741597_o.jpg

Without further ado, the new Renegade X maps

Under

The original C&C Renegade map is back in a beautiful remake by our very own Robin Nielsen:

XriOGTu.jpg

T6aV7JE.jpg

wrwetwU.jpg

Complex

A personal favourite, Complex is a rush go-go-go map with no automated defenses:

LpdhaYW.jpg

bUzAWkS.jpg

XJdcLAQ.jpg

Canyon

Kenz has been working on a remake of Canyon. Here's another trip down memory lane:

eR5ZQyO.jpg

7bPxpmy.jpg

RtNk2HD.jpg

You can check out Kenz's YouTube channel to check out his progress on Canyon: https://www.youtube.com/user/kenz3001

That's all for now folks!

Be sure to vote for us, and join us ingame. In fact, I'm going to get some gaming in right now.

A week ago it looked like we would release B4 this week. The changelist already is as big as B3, probably bigger. But we couldnt really activate enough people in the team to test and to do the last remaining bits yet and the closer christmas comes the more unlikely people are available. And if there would have been bigger problems during the holidays we probably wouldnt have had the people to react to that. Even though i think B4 already took too long again it probably was the better decission to go with like Jan/Feb as a releasedate wich also gives time for the mappers to finish the new maps as only Complex is fully done atm.

One of the issues left is that we need to make changes to the installer. This changes are done in line with other changes to make custom mapping possible. We want to release B4 in a way that will make it possible to do custom maps and it is a pretty safe bet now that it will support it. So now is a good time to get yourself familiar with the Unreal Editor if you want to get into mapping. The videos from kenz3001 are a good way to learn about mapping for Ren-X: https://www.youtube.com/user/kenz3001/videos

Otherwise if you would like to do gameplay changes with mutators you can take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=137&p=142669#p142669 and if you have any questions regarding that and mutators in general you can PM me and i will try to awnser them.

One of the issues left is that we need to make changes to the installer. This changes are done in line with other changes to make custom mapping possible. We want to release B4 in a way that will make it possible to do custom maps and it is a pretty safe bet now that it will support it. So now is a good time to get yourself familiar with the Unreal Editor if you want to get into mapping. The videos from kenz3001 are a good way to learn about mapping for Ren-X: https://www.youtube.com/user/kenz3001/videos

Otherwise if you would like to do gameplay changes with mutators you can take a look here: viewtopic.php?f=137&p=142669#p142669 and if you have any questions regarding that and mutators in general you can PM me and i will try to awnser them.

Amazing news! I've been doing some beginner stuff and playing around with UDK's editor just incase this happened! Great news and hope all goes well through the holidays and Jan on beta 4 :D

It is probably better it goes through the proper testing etc :)

Customs maps? Really? You found a way? Thats amazing.

Can't wait for Complex as well. And Under. Probably my two favorites although I'd be fine with Under getting tweaked a bit to not have the same problem as Field. Wonder what you guys did with it, if anything?

Anyway, pretty exciting.

• Totem Arts Staff
One of the issues left is that we need to make changes to the installer. This changes are done in line with other changes to make custom mapping possible. We want to release B4 in a way that will make it possible to do custom maps and it is a pretty safe bet now that it will support it. So now is a good time to get yourself familiar with the Unreal Editor if you want to get into mapping.

Let me guess, uncooked Renegade X method?

One of the issues left is that we need to make changes to the installer. This changes are done in line with other changes to make custom mapping possible. We want to release B4 in a way that will make it possible to do custom maps and it is a pretty safe bet now that it will support it. So now is a good time to get yourself familiar with the Unreal Editor if you want to get into mapping.

Let me guess, uncooked Renegade X method?

Correct.

• Totem Arts Staff
Yes an uncooked build will be big but the plan is to only do patches from then on.

Do my eyes deceive me, or does that mean B4 is the last time we'll have to download a full release? I mean, if so, I can probably get at least a few more people playing this again.

• Totem Arts Staff
Yes an uncooked build will be big but the plan is to only do patches from then on.

Do my eyes deceive me, or does that mean B4 is the last time we'll have to download a full release? I mean, if so, I can probably get at least a few more people playing this again.

With uncooked builds, you only need to replace some contents, something that previously cannot be done with the cooked builds.

So.... I assume you would tell us to download the proper UDK version from www.unrealengine.com/udk, then get the source codes of the game from you?

So.... I assume you would tell us to download the proper UDK version from http://www.unrealengine.com/udk, then get the source codes of the game from you?

Pls, it is not the time yet to discuss all the details about that. This thread is about the map update. Pls save your questions about the other info for a later time when we share more info about that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...