How to Reduce Lag Ingame ( Frame Drops)

Alaa

We all have dealt with lag ingame, and it does get pretty frustrating at times where your game freezes for a few seconds during an important rush or while defusing a nuke/ion.

So here are some ways to reduce lag ingame :

1) Ingame : Settings > Advanced Settings 3/3 and DISABLE STATIC DECALS and ENABLE Framerate smoothing.

2) Ingame : Settings and lower your graphic preset, antialiasing and texture filling

3) Ingame : Settings and lower Texture Detail , Detail Level, Mesh LOD, Effects LOD, and Shadow Quality

4) Ensure that other applications are currently not being used and closed

Example :

Firefox

Chrome

IRC

Steam (If you're not using it for leaderboards)

and any other applications that may interfere with your gameplay

5) Open Task Manager, right click on UDK.exe*32 > Set Priority > High (Warning, this will use your MOST of the available processing power, works best with mid-high end PCs)

6) Game Boosters : http://www.razerzone.com/cortex/game-booster Just add Ren-X to the Game list and run it directly from game booster.

7) Update all your drivers

8) Scan your PC for viruses and ensure that it is clean from any malware to make sure it runs properly without any issues.

EDIT: 9) Reduce Ingame resolution

That is all I could think of right now, if you guys have any other ways to do so, just comment it and I'll add it to the thread directly. Thank you all for reading this post and I hope this has helped you and reduced most if not all of your lag issues.

Edited by Guest

I don't know about you but I'm running Ren on a weak gaming PC and it's running smooth as butter on the highest settings. (Nvidia GTX 750 Ti)

You call that GFX card weak? I'm running on a GTX 660 and it runs smooth as well. Every setting as high as possible, switched off static decals as a Dev suggested it before and a resolution of 1280 x 1024.

16GB RAM (which isn't the max for gaming PCs these days) and a Intel Core i7 CPU (8 cores)

I don't know about you but I'm running Ren on a weak gaming PC and it's running smooth as butter on the highest settings. (Nvidia GTX 750 Ti)

You call that GFX card weak? I'm running on a GTX 660 and it runs smooth as well. Every setting as high as possible, switched off static decals as a Dev suggested it before and a resolution of 1280 x 1024.

16GB RAM (which isn't the max for gaming PCs these days) and a Intel Core i7 CPU (8 cores)

4 cores ... i think the other 4 are "virtual" done by hyperthreading(unless u paid a lot for an actual 8 core). And the 660 is slightly better than 750Ti dont think you should lower ur res , try full HD .

And yeah the gtx750Ti isnt weak at all considering it uses only 60 watts , overclocks like hell (out of the box) with max temp of 71C and comes at 160$ ;)

As for this thread ... idk what advice is given here , all im reading is "lower your settings to get higher fps" wich if you didnt know already u shouldnt bother with gaming lol

besides, using game booster wouldnt give u much of an improvement on i5 or i7 , its not like ur gonna really reach 100% on these with just ren and some applications that you will have to re-open when u close the game .

Intel Core i7 CPU (8 cores)

4 cores ... i think the other 4 are "virtual" done by hyperthreading(unless u paid a lot for an actual 8 core). And the 660 is slightly better than 750Ti dont think you should lower ur res , try full HD .

And yeah the gtx750Ti isnt weak at all considering it uses only 60 watts , overclocks like hell (out of the box) with max temp of 71C and comes at 160$ ;)

You are right, it has 4 cores but task manager shows 8 so must be virtual.

Nevertheless, I play fine on the resolution mentioned. The more you strain your system, the more it heats up and wears down.

I believe the game needs some proper stabilisation and optimization though, so tweaking settings should help, but it's not the end result