Community Q&A returns (for one more episode)!

Jam

Hey everyone!

The Renegade X Community Q&A will return for one more episode very soon, and I need some questions from the community. If you are not familiar with the Renegade X Q&A, please see the video below:

(Disclaimer: I'm from the Netherlands, so you may cringe at some pronunciations in the video.)

Mpvu58qZw14

One more episode

That's right! One more. After this episode I will retire from the Renegade X team to pursue my dream of travelling the world, starting in Australia!

Submit questions

If you have any questions regarding upcoming releases or anything else Renegade X related, post your question below and - together with the other devs - we'll answer them for you!

In return for Origin exclusivity - could you possibly work out a deal with EA, in which you guys could share the rights and allow them to port it to consoles, with a split of the profits for you guys?

Renegade X has certainly been a love project, it would be nice to see you guys get some funds for all the hard work that you've put into it so far.

I saw some interesting new in-game items which I have yet to see in the Open Beta releases of Renegade X, such as the deployable Medical Kit, MG Sentry and a few others. When could we expect to see them in action?

Source:

@ 2:32

What is the actual amount of maps you want to have for the Final product?

(I mean those which you think that have to be in RenegadeX, not those you have Ideas for. You may name some but I not demand names ;) )

Can you give us more informations about C&C_City_Flying?

(Must be the most demanded classic Renegade map. I guess everyone would love to hear what are the plans for it, what are the issues with it and the general status of the map.)

Do you remember rebuyable turrets, and is that a concept that would fit in your idea of RenegadeX?

(There was a mod in classic Renegade that allowed to rebuy the small turrets. Players had to collect a small

floating icon that did (re)spawn after a turret got destroyed. Each time you collected it, it took 100 Credits from you to raise enough funds to respawn the turret.)

Is it possible to have more than one refinery? Or to have 2 harvesters with 1 refinery?

(Everybody knows that from the RTS game. I think that would get a nice twist and would have a high recognition value. Ofcourse I am talking about new maps and not the implementation for current maps.)

To port a game to console is far more demanding than just a few bits and pieces changed here and there, no. Its more like working under a mad dictatorship, the company owning the platform will demand you to precisely meet certain specifics and refuse the deal even if you miss to meet just only one of their demands.

Nearly all of those demands will be completely irrevelant, rather along the lines to get your work to fit into their marketing bullshit along as an sellable product, will be irregardless what your game is currently, and worst will be that they do not make an exception for any of those demands, unless you are one of the big fish, only then can negotiate better terms(hint: money talks).

You guys should forget about porting a pc game as is to any console today, unless you can accept your baby to come out almost totally different on the console, it doesnt work simply like that.

However if you guys are hellbent for it, sure go ahead and see for yourself how badly all can possibly fare, not gonna hold up or something. :D

Since this is an Q&A:

Any chance to use Hovercraft transports or captain a GDI gunboat at an new map ?

First off, thanks for all the continued work you've put into this Jam and all other devs. It is really appreciated from my side and the community.

- What other, if any, balance changes can we still expect that are in the works for team balance/map balance on different maps? (Not that I think many are needed, I'd just like a slight buff to stealth tanks and slight debuff to mcfarlands :) )

- I've heard of plans to include other tech structures besides the silo in maps, are there still plans to include other tech structures? and if so what effects might we expect to see?

What about Stealthunits ... will you work on the visibility?

In example:

• Stealthunits flicker when hit by a projectile
  • Stealthunits flicker when recive damage
  • Stealthunits flicker when move on Tiberium
  • Stealthunits may be seen from a little further away by certain GDI units (like 1k characters)

Will the directional microphone for 1K snipers return?

What do you think about the idea to reveal all enemy units on radar if they sprint?

even SBH

@Jam

What date will this topic be closed for questions?

What about Stealthunits ... will you work on the visibility?

In example:

• Stealthunits flicker when hit by a projectile
  • Stealthunits flicker when recive damage
  • Stealthunits flicker when move on Tiberium
  • Stealthunits may be seen from a little further away by certain GDI units (like 1k characters)

Will the directional microphone for 1K snipers return?

What do you think about the idea to reveal all enemy units on radar if they sprint?

even SBH

@Jam

What date will this topic be closed for questions?

^^ I really hope so....

Will the annoying ads on the forum go away? (Or the "people" who post it? Some anti-bot system?)

But gamerelated:

When will there be a patch that fixes more bugs/glitches? (Might have missed something somewhere about that but couldn't find it :P)

Are the orca/apache getting fixed aswell? Since they can be shot down by a sniper with ease and their missiles/gun need an increase in range. (Sometimes i can just 'bump' into someone instead of shooting him because i am already so close)