Instant heal panel

Harlot

Okay this is just ridiculous. You enter the opposing factions building to hit the control panel, except there's a guy there and he simply spams replenish/restock on the heal panel the moment he takes damage. In fact, he also uses the panel instead of reloading. How are people supposed to deal with this? That someone can keep using the panel and heal up faster than you can kill them unless if you're using a 1shot weapon is seriously bull. Might as well as give anyone in their base building godmode as well.

Okay this is just ridiculous. You enter the opposing factions building to hit the control panel, except there's a guy there and he simply spams replenish/restock on the heal panel the moment he takes damage. In fact, he also uses the panel instead of reloading. How are people supposed to deal with this? That someone can keep using the panel and heal up faster than you can kill them unless if you're using a 1shot weapon is seriously bull. Might as well as give anyone in their base building godmode as well.

they have enough disadvantage by having dudes in their bases so that evens out :cool:

There's a reason why they have an advantage since they are in *THEIR* base.........

So that's how you like it? Whelp. Alright, look guys there's one guy in this base... show's over, go home, you can't do crap now, better wait and save up until until you have guys with nukes to spam beacons everywhere. I've had to spam them panel quite a few times myself but imo it just feels cheap and it looks extremely dumb.

Another good example is when one team essentially is beaten and getting camped in their last building - game is effectively over, but the "winning" team can't do anything until someone brings over a beacon because they can't the fight the guys inside the building thanks to the so called "base advantage" and they can't out damage 3-4 engineers inside spamming heal on the control panel. That's just extremely lame if anything. But hey, at least that gives the losing team ample time to quit from the server amirite?

There's a reason why they have an advantage since they are in *THEIR* base.........

So that's how you like it? Whelp. Alright, look guys there's one guy in this base... show's over, go home, you can't do crap now, better wait and save up until until you have guys with nukes to spam beacons everywhere. I've had to spam them panel quite a few times myself but imo it just feels cheap and it looks extremely dumb.

Another good example is when one team essentially is beaten and getting camped in their last building - game is effectively over, but the "winning" team can't do anything until someone brings over a beacon because they can't the fight the guys inside the building thanks to the so called "base advantage" and they can't out damage 3-4 engineers inside spamming heal on the control panel. That's just extremely lame if anything. But hey, at least that gives the losing team ample time to quit from the server amirite?

Or put up a magnificent last stand depending on you how you see it.

To be honest, I would not be against basic refill nerf (can only refill once every 10 seconds, for example).

There is very little skill involved in refilling during combat, and its particularly useful against automatics.

I have no idea why people are holding their ground so badly for this.

By yourself, yea, it is very unlucky to run into. Yet, when storming the base, I mean that is the one of the advantages of being on home turf.

At the same time, while refilling can be fast, it does put the person refilling at a disadvantage, because you know where they are going to be standing next.

About saving up until you have enough people...well that is just teamwork. ;)

If you have such control over the enemy base, a good way to stop this, is to have an infantry unit stand outside, but in range of the door.

This will force the doors open to allow tanks to fir inside.

Your perspective on being able to hold out might change once pedestals are added.

Be glad you can no longer access the purchase terminals from outside the buildings anymore.

I will admit we had games in the old days where it took "teamwork" to let the building die, because it was so hard for the enemy to finish us off. :D

By yourself, yea, it is very unlucky to run into. Yet, when storming the base, I mean that is the one of the advantages of being on home turf.

At the same time, while refilling can be fast, it does put the person refilling at a disadvantage, because you know where they are going to be standing next.

Isn't the fact that they'll respawn within 1-2 seconds after being killed in either the same or a close by building already home turf advantage enough? What exactly kind of advantage does knowing that the guy is hugging the panel do for me?

1. I can shoot at him, this wastes my ammo.

2. I can place a C4 on him, now I'll have to wait for it to explode and I've just wasted up my C4 charge on someone who's just going to respawn in a building next to here.

3. I can shoot at the building, so he can shoot at me.

4. If I do anything else he's just going shoot at me.

Base advantage implies that there's something I can do, and not just "there's a man in da house your guns are useless now get out"

I'm not saying ban the panel, even a 1second charge bar to use the refill is enough.

If you have such control over the enemy base, a good way to stop this, is to have an infantry unit stand outside, but in range of the door.

This would be useful of tanks firing inside actually did anything. They don't and the time between tank shots is plenty enough to hit the panel. People can also just keep hitting the panel to spam grenades / C4 which might not be so good for the tanks.

they don't because people don't know to do it yet. arties firing inside buildings hurt quite bit and it used to shake the buildings too. plus any direct hit was instant kill.

they can spawn in other buildings, and if you're the in their base seiging with tanks, there's no way they're gonna get back inside without getting shot or run over.

It does make a huge difference if it's one guy or a small group trying to infiltrate a building. Two SBHs killed me in a game earlier and planted a nuke beacon inside the refinery... if I had been willing to cheese the resupply terminal, they would have never done so.

If you are inside their buildings and attacking them, you are doing it wrong. If you are inside the enemy building you are either placing C4 on the MCT or preventing engineers from defusing C4 on the MCT. Anything else is playing improperly. That is all.

But it is. If you are inside a building, you are there to kill the building. If your intent was to kill infantry and you came to the one place on the map where your enemy has the biggest advantage, well, you really made a poor decision there.

But it is. If you are inside a building, you are there to kill the building. If your intent was to kill infantry and you came to the one place on the map where your enemy has the biggest advantage, well, you really made a poor decision there.

Gotta agree with Letty here,

even if you made it all the way to the base on your own it is totally pointless since it requires atleast 3 timed c4 to take down a building. So unless you go as a hotwire or tec, just dont go alone. Wait for people.

Try going as 3 sbh and place the timed c4 and stay stealthed as long as possible after placement, only break stealth if needed. I even done this with basic infantry just hiding in a corner til the c4 went off.

If you can't mow down 1 unit with 3 units because he stands at a panel or atleast keep him busy till the c4 explodes, then it might not be the guy at the panel, or the panel itselfs fault.

Just dont count on this ever being changed, because it probably wont.

See, you argue that it's hard to kill the player. You're thinking about this all wrong, it's not about you, nor your opponent, it's about destroying/defending the building. All it takes is one technician with good aim to bring down a building, that's pretty damn strong, hence the "OP" refill.

This isn't COD, or Battlefield, all that matters here, is that you cripple the enemy, by taking out his structures. All, and every player is expendable, because of the greater picture.

Isn't the fact that they'll respawn within 1-2 seconds after being killed in either the same or a close by building already home turf advantage enough? What exactly kind of advantage does knowing that the guy is hugging the panel do for me?

2. I can place a C4 on him, now I'll have to wait for it to explode and I've just wasted up my C4 charge on someone who's just going to respawn in a building next to here.

Base advantage implies that there's something I can do, and not just "there's a man in da house your guns are useless now get out"

I'm not saying ban the panel, even a 1second charge bar to use the refill is enough.

This would be useful of tanks firing inside actually did anything. They don't and the time between tank shots is plenty enough to hit the panel. People can also just keep hitting the panel to spam grenades / C4 which might not be so good for the tanks.

If they really would be that busy, it's kind of obvious they don't have that much time anymore to repair the building as they used to... If this happens, you will die, no matter what.

Have you tried using the new item they added to the game called the hand grenade? And really your sidearm has unlimited ammo so why are you afraid to waste it?

There was talk of a 3-4 second cool down on refills, but it was shot down. It was part of the core gameplay of renegade that gave defenders the advantage over offenders when inside their own building.

If you want to speak strategy, there is multiple ways you can avoid having your enemy use this.

I have c4ed instakilled an airstrip already, with people inside of it. Just walked right in on islands. Nobody saw me, but there were people in the airstrip, I just ducked in that center room twice. After planting all my Hotwire c4, i hid in center room some more and waited for all of it to go off at once, bam, gone.

So the point is, consider each enemy PT a possible "base defence". High in health, yet killable. Avoidable too, get into a gunfight, you have to break eye contact with it. If you flee from the terminal they are using, they have to chase a bit, at which point either force their retreat or try to kill them before retreat.

HOWEVER, reborn doesn't allow refills within 15 seconds of combat. One of the maps has only infantry and is one sided for gdi and when they camp your front door its so annoying you can't refill. BUT, I suppose a limit on refills in general every 30 seconds would be a nice server option to add. Still dont recommend it vanilla.

I don't think it's that OP. There was one time when I was playing as GDI and NOD has totally destroyed all but 1 our building and still my entire team stayed outside our base playing armourfest with the enemy. I was the only one on defense and constantly dealing with at least two flamethrower soldiers storming the building. Without this auto-refill I wouldn't be able to defend this building and in fact when I repaird it to 100% and left for ONE MINUTE the building was destroyed. IMHO it adds nice "alamo feel" to the game.