So... How far are we from 64vs64 games?

TheGroundsKeeper

unless they can get the dedicated server to use more than 1 cpu core this isn't going to happen, on my Dual Quad 3.06 ghz Xeon server I'm only using 1 core and its maxing out already...

So we need to figure out how to get more CPU cores running, then yeah a Stupid big map with Tripple Obelisks dual power plants e.t.c. than maybe you can have a 64 vs 64 game

unless they can get the dedicated server to use more than 1 cpu core this isn't going to happen, on my Dual Quad 3.06 ghz Xeon server I'm only using 1 core and its maxing out already...

So we need to figure out how to get more CPU cores running, then yeah a Stupid big map with Tripple Obelisks dual power plants e.t.c. than maybe you can have a 64 vs 64 game

it could be that you cant add more as 1 core to the server Programm... saw this already at other games ( Natural selection 2 named )

Because of Software and source Boundaries

theclash150 wrote:64 vs 64 on Field sounds like an absolute nightmare. I wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot (3.048 meter) pole.

Imagine that airstrike

kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point kill kill point

Dude :D I totally get you.

64 player was already a lot for that dynamic game. And it streached out in game players list behind the borders of my resolution x D (1366x768) I found 40 players game just perfect. 42 looks nice : )

I am afraid to have to tell you GroundsKeeper but since Renegade X was built in UDK, then it's unlikely we'll see 128 player matches as UDK has a hard-cap of 64 'human' players. You can go up to as far as 256 with bots but the hard-limit of human players is at 64. Attempting to circumvent it, I have heard (not with Renegade x but with other games using Unreal 3), results in net-coding and latency issues .

But I do agree with you, it would be sight to behold.

I am afraid to have to tell you GroundsKeeper but since Renegade X was built in UDK, then it's unlikely we'll see 128 player matches as UDK has a hard-cap of 64 'human' players. You can go up to as far as 256 with bots but the hard-limit of human players is at 64. Attempting to circumvent it, I have heard (not with Renegade x but with other games using Unreal 3), results in net-coding and latency issues .

Yea i heard the devs talking about that, but a man can dream :rolleyes:

Unreal probably can't support a 128 player game with any form of stability or reasonable performance for the average player. It's possible to implement, but ultimately would not be worth it. Not to mention most of these maps probably wouldn't be able to handle it anyways. It just wouldn't be efficient use of dev time to work on it.

Yea i heard the devs talking about that, but a man can dream :rolleyes:

Oh believe me kind sir, I have no desire to rob you of that dream :D .

Unreal probably can't support a 128 player game with any form of stability or reasonable performance for the average player. It's possible to implement, but ultimately would not be worth it. Not to mention most of these maps probably wouldn't be able to handle it anyways. It just wouldn't be efficient use of dev time to work on it.

Well i dissagree on that, it was the best games for me and the core of my renegade experience, but if it is not possible it is not possible.

But if it is possible it should be looked into when all the bugs has been sorted out.

And i can agree on that balancing out airstrikes and fixing rubberbanding tanks it a tad more important as of now, since this is gamebreaking issues that needs to be adressed first.

Fuck 64 players is way to much as it is. Performance of the game turns to shit at that many players

Well i have a flat 62 frames at all times, no one says you should join a big server if you dont like it, but for people with no fps issues and who like bigger the challanges the big games gives, it would be nice, as of now you can choose to join a small game, but i cannot choose to join a big one. :P

Wouldn't it be too overcrowded? I mean the maps are not big enough to support 64, in my opinion, but 128? Darn! There needs to be space for maneuvering, or it will be just a meat grinder, which I'm not a fan of.

Depends on what type of game you fancy, the infantry fights on maps like island goes to epic proporsions in the tunnels. Ive seen the best coordinated attacks and teamplay ever in any game ever in theese games,

5x Sbh nukes at the same time on top of a 15x flamerush? -->128player games.

7x APC rush full of hotwires= --> 128player games again.

30-40x infantry rush on the obelisk of light --> 128players...

Insane gunner rushes.

The massive games has been by far the most fun i ever had in any fps. <3