Renegade X - December Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Totem Arts Staff

renxdecprerelease.png

Hello hello!

Lots of news to go through, so let's do it!

ModDB.com annual Mod of the Year voting!

moty_2009_500px.png

It's that time of year again!

In 2007, Renegade 2007 was nominated for the Top 100 upcoming mods of the year.

In 2008, Renegade X won 3rd place and received the Upcoming Mod of the Year Award.

Now, in 2009, we call on you again. On September 30th, 2009, Renegade X made its first release for Unreal Tournament 3. There have since been two more release candidates, and the fourth release is coming soon. Renegade X is eligible for the Best Released Mod of the Year 2009.

The first phase of the voting has begun. From December 20th to January 5th, you will vote for the Top 100 mods of the year. On January 6th, a second phase of voting will begin for Mod of the Year. We will need you to vote in both phases, and we need every vote we can get!

To vote for Renegade X, simply visit: http://www.moddb.com/mods/renegade-x

Scroll down, and hit the vote button. Every vote counts, so get your friends and family help this cause :)

You can vote for as many mods as you want, so be sure to check out and vote for other C&C mods such as Red Alert: A Path Beyond, Red Alert: Apocalypse Rising, Command & Conquer Reborn, and check out UT3 mods such as the Ball, Planetstorm: Angels Fall First, the Haunted, and Warm Gun.

Happy voting!

0.50 Release coming up!

Renegade X's fourth release candidate will make its appearance on Sunday, January 10th, 2010!.

While you're waiting, if you haven't tried the Renegade X 0.40 beta, what are you waiting for? Try it here: http://www.renegade-x.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3536

Not only has the team been having a blast with the 0.40 beta, but we've been hard at work on the new build. This release will be a great way to propagate the mod for the annual Mod of the Year contest, as it will include a substantive amount of new content and fixes.

0.50 will include the following:

Buildings:

-GDI Powerplant

-Nod Powerplant

Weapons:

-Ramjet Rifle

-Volt Autorifle

-New & improved Repair Gun

-New & improved Sniper Rifle

Characters:

-New & improved Havoc

Maps:

-Walls

-Under

Features:

-IRC Server Bot (thanks to Buzzer at MP Gaming)

-New server client version

-Scoreboard for end of game

-PLENTY of glitch fixes

-Renegade X Map Editor

0.50 will be Renegade X's last Unreal Tournament 3 beta, so we are trying to pack it with as much content as possible. With the map editor, one will be able to make his or her own Renegade X maps.

We will then take some time to develop the standalone version of Renegade X for the Unreal Development Kit. We don't know how long it will be until the standalone version of Renegade X is available, but we're already hard at work on it. Until then, we will be organizing several events with the 0.50 version, and you will be hearing about them in later updates.

Renegade X Contest Results!

The results of our best screenshot, video, and wallpaper contests are in!

Best Screenshot! Congratulations to cubera

unreal320091219194449a.png

Best Video! Congratulations to zurr

http://vimeo.com/8186760

Best Wallpaper! Congratulations to kenz3001

renxwallpaper1920x1200.jpg

Each of these winners will be receiving a Command & Conquer 4 beta key, courtesy of EA.

We're sending a Commando!

The witty, rough n' tough commando is back! Captain Nick "Havoc" Parker has finally made it into the remake. As the most badass Commando to ever join the Global Defense Initiative, Havoc wields the terrifying Ramjet rifle, threatening all who decided to join Nod.

no9e12.jpg

Powerplants are back!

The new Powerplants are back for version 0.50. A powerplant supplies power to its respective base - when destroyed, all main defenses go offline, credit flow is reduced by 50%, and all weapon and vehicle prices increase by 200%. Better keep an eye on that Powerplant, losing it can mean losing your base!

52cp5x.jpg

2r53j0p.jpg

Wallpaper!

We've prepared a new wallpaper, enjoy!

renxwallpaperhavocsakur.jpg

I love the powerplants, they really look identical to the Renegade version with higher graphics :)

Also, I still dont know about havoc, he looks a bit weird to me... :\

PS: scale down the screenshots next time, it's anoying to scroll the windo with selecting a certain text and then pulling to the right..

Awesome! I hope you put much effort on fixing (remote) C4s because they're vital part of the gameplay. I bet nobody wants to suicide oneself to make them blow up or see them stuck air and ruin your changes to destroy a building. Anyway, that's a HUGE list of updates! Nicely done! Can't wait for Jan 10th!

Awesome! Am yet to actually play the game and got even more exited now that i know that you have already started going for standalone instead of UT3, in a few other posts it looked like something that was still being considered and might come in a year or so, but this is splendid news!

Renegade was one of the funniest games i have ever played, can't wait to play it again with a new engine backing it :)

Keep up the good work!

(Oh and please do try to make the standalone version work in wine, would please every single linux user there is :) )

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (dirtycopgangsta @ Dec 31 2009, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is there a 1280*1024 version of the wallpaper?[/b]

yer sure... i had 1 made up from when i first made mine so i uploaded it any way ;) but its slightly modified due to scaling down

renxwallpaper1280x1024.jpg

or did you mean the new wallpaper from the Dev team ?

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ Dec 31 2009, 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yer sure... i had 1 made up from when i first made mine so i uploaded it any way ;) but its slightly modified due to scaling down

renxwallpaper1280x1024.jpg

or did you mean the new wallpaper from the Dev team ?[/b]

I meant the one from the Dev team but thanks for yours it's not too bad either :D

I like Havoc and Sakura Better :P

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Dec 30 2009, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maps:

-Walls[/b]

FUCK YES U ARE THE BEST MAP EVER!

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Dec 30 2009, 04:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Powerplants are back!

The new Powerplants are back for version 0.50. A powerplant supplies power to its respective base - when destroyed, all main defenses go offline, credit flow is reduced by 50%, and all weapon and vehicle prices increase by 200%. Better keep an eye on that Powerplant, losing it can mean losing your base![/b]

WAT?
I seriously do not recall this happening in renegade?

PS: Could I get the background from those wallpapers 1280X1024?
I think it would look pretty nice by itself. :unsure:

Thank God for the new update!!!!

I haven't been able to play Renegade X at all ever since the 0.40 update... UT3 crash every time when I try to launch the game... :(

Can't wait for the update. I love the Havoc/Sakura wallpaper btw. Is it possible to have it in 1280x1024? :D

QUOTE (epicelite @ Jan 2 2010, 05:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WAT?
I seriously do not recall this happening in renegade?[/b]

The harvester gives still his 300 credits (or however much it gives each run) but takes twice as long to unload. The credits you get each second get halved though, so instead of 2 credits a second you get 1 credit a second. meaning your cash flow is halved :)
Don't worry, all points you score still earn you 100% money for each point.

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (epicelite @ Jan 2 2010, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No but like, did that happen in renegade because I seriously do not remember it working that way? :mellow:[/b]

Play more renegade :P
But yeah it did happen in renegade too.
Thatswhy the powerplant is very important,
and I'm glad they made it for 0.50 :D

Good start of the year tbh

Excellent work team! I was most impressed with the 0.4 release and am slavering over the 0.5 release on Sunday!

Unfortunately I dont usually get on till late in the evening and there are few if any people on at that time, so I look forward to more people being on with the 0.5 release. Keep up the great work.

Was hoping to play this evening but no 0.4 servers are showing up today. Guess they are loading up and testing the 0.5 version so I shall just have to go play regular Renegade.

QUOTE (QUAKERxnc @ Jan 10 2010, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wich time we can expect it? now it is 18.00 GMT.[/b]

Lol patient.
I think it will be released on the 11th (like 2am in the morning) for europe people tbh,
because America is sooooo many hours behind....

1 Day doesn't really bother me,
aslong as I can play it with lots of ppl I'm happy :D

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (bug @ Jan 10 2010, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol patient.
I think it will be released on the 11th (like 2am in the morning) for europe people tbh,
because America is sooooo many hours behind....

1 Day doesn't really bother me,
aslong as I can play it with lots of ppl I'm happy :D [/b]

0.35 was the day after 2:00am GMT ... but 0.40 came out about 8:00pm GMT same day thay said it was coming

but i agree with bug as long as the servers are good and full by time i get it im happy

QUOTE (kenz3001 @ Jan 10 2010, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol dont think so coz fobby is 5hours behind GMT
so it is 6:38pm in the uk but its only 1:38pm in canada[/b]

I have taken that into consideration, however I just can't shake the feeling that it will not be released before January 10th 2009 ends on Baker Island (UTC-12). The admins haven't even gotten the new version yet and the patch is usually released to the public about half a day after the admins get it.