Renegade X - September '09 Update!

[NE]Fobby[GEN]

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said earlier, you guys are amazing!

Just one quick question though: Are you planning on releasing this mod through Steam? I've seen many mods on there, but none of them is as sophisticated as this one.

It would be great, as UT3 can be activated through Steam even after buying it from somewhere else.

Cheers,

thgc

Hello all, iam a die hard Renegade player for many years now and cant wait to play this mod to :P

But i have a little question: Is the gameplay and using the command keys the same as the "Old" Renegade ???

Or is it totaly different? If so, wil there be a command list available?

I hope that some of the admins or devolpers can answer that question, thx m8's.

Btw, my compliments for this super great work you all did, to make this happening. And i speak for many old skool players of Renegade :)

Greetzzz Synpro

UT 2003 is NOT the game you need. You need UT3, there's a very important difference (and that difference is that they are completely different games. :P ) The Black version is the one you get off of Steam and will work with the mod.

To answer Synpro, like any modern game, you can change keyboard shortcuts in the menu.

• Totem Arts Staff
QUOTE (AsgarothXc @ Sep 30 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you guys tried using linux? I need to know if it is compatible or not.[/b]

i think it might be compatible with "wine" im not 100% sure as iv never tryed it ... but y use linux for gaming ? not a good platform coz of emulation prossesing

QUOTE (punko24 @ Sep 29 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok ima getting "cannot connect to server " problems on UT3 so will it be fixed for RenX...like a diff connection or typy or way or something :/

if i cant get online im gonna freak so much[/b]

if you can connect to any server in UT3 .. check your firewall ... cause if you cant in UT3, im almost sure it will be the same thing in Ren-X

QUOTE (=HT=Duro @ Sep 29 2009, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you can connect to any server in UT3 .. check your firewall ... cause if you cant in UT3, im almost sure it will be the same thing in Ren-X[/b]

I got the download done from steam, and I installed 4 things including some DirectX or something, and I'm not sure if i have everything to dl RenX and to be ready to play tomorrow.

QUOTE (Realpra @ Sep 30 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6 hours omg, tripping... might have to drag my stationary over to the university since my campus connection is capped to 30 gb a month...

Sweet to hear in the recent interview that other renegade-ish mods will be allowed to build upon renegade-x.[/b]

I would guess more like 11, but then again I'm not the one uploading it. :P

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Sep 30 2009, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, EST is GMT -5, my post was correct. GMT +5 would be somewhere in Asia. North America is behind Britain, not ahead of it, so therefore Eastern time is in the negatives.

The plan is tomorrow afternoon EST. Expect it in about 15 hours from this post. If it's later then that, then please be patient with us, we will be releasing it September 30th EST for sure.[/b]

Again, so infact, you're looking at the 30th September 9pm GMT if you're in the UK. Knowing that, you can work out what time it will come out in your country because GMT is central.

argh, I can see on moddb 'released at september the 30th: status: released'

I take the fact that some of the modders themselves are currently watchin this forum as a sign that they are in the progress of uploading it or something.

@Blazor: ARGH that means I have to wait for another 6 and a half hour! I think? I'm from Holland, +1 GMT

QUOTE (Demigan @ Sep 30 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take the fact that some of the modders themselves are currently watchin this forum as a sign that they are in the progress of uploading it or something.[/b]

Anticipation most likely. Alot of people are starting to sign up to the forums and are asking hundreds of questions about the release dat (more specifically, release time)

QUOTE (BLaZor @ Sep 30 2009, 09:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anticipation most likely. Alot of people are starting to sign up to the forums and are asking hundreds of questions about the release dat (more specifically, release time)[/b]

I want my renegade damn it!!!! Congrats on reaching first release beta and good luck! It tends to get messy on day 1

QUOTE (Demigan @ Sep 30 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take the fact that some of the modders themselves are currently watchin this forum as a sign that they are in the progress of uploading it or something.

@Blazor: ARGH that means I have to wait for another 6 and a half hour! I think? I'm from Holland, +1 GMT[/b]

QUOTE (1559mz @ Sep 30 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9PM??? >.< I wanted it sooner than that =( oh well at least its coming out =)[/b]

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Sep 30 2009, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9pm GMT... that's 10pm in The Netherlands... well it's fine by me. i've waited for like a year and a half now; a few extra hours shouldn't be a problem :) [/b]

Yup guys. What fobby posted makes sense now. Initially he said GMT -5, which is confusing because he said 12am US time. I assumed you added 5 hours, but it would have been GMT from eastern time. Confusing stuff I know. :)

To clear things up:

Mod will be released today around 9pm GMT (UK Time)

QUOTE (BLaZor @ Sep 30 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup guys. What fobby posted makes sense now. Initially he said GMT -5, which is confusing because he said 12am US time. I assumed you added 5 hours, but it would have been GMT from eastern time. Confusing stuff I know. :)

To clear things up:

Mod will be released today at 9pm GMT[/b]

If its out 12:00 at GMT -5 (5 hours behind) wouldnt it be out 17:00 at GMT +0 and at 18:00 gmt +1 in central Eu? Or 5 or 6 pm depending on location in yankee time?

(I should have said 7 hours in my post before)

Of course thats less than 1 hour from now and might be optimistic seeing as he said about "middle of the day" which isnt exactly 12:00 plus server problems and up-/downloading the thing takes time.

QUOTE (Realpra @ Sep 30 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If its out 12:00 at GMT -5 (5 hours behind) wouldnt it be out 17:00 at GMT +0 and at 18:00 gmt +1 in central Eu? Or 5 or 6 pm depending on location in yankee time?

(I should have said 7 hours in my post before)

Of course thats less than 1 hour from now and might be optimistic seeing as he said about "middle of the day" which isnt exactly 12:00 plus server problems and up-/downloading the thing takes time.[/b]

That's what I thought. I was wrong.

Fobby cleared this up in one of his posts.

QUOTE ((NE)Fobby(GEN) @ Sep 30 2009, 06:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, EST is GMT -5, my post was correct. GMT +5 would be somewhere in Asia. North America is behind Britain, not ahead of it, so therefore Eastern time is in the negatives.

The plan is tomorrow afternoon EST. Expect it in about 15 hours from this post. If it's later then that, then please be patient with us, we will be releasing it September 30th EST for sure.[/b]

When he posted that, it was 6:30 am GMT. 15 hours from then would be 9:30 pm GMT.

Makes sense? :huh:

QUOTE (Jointn00b @ Sep 30 2009, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
9pm GMT... that's 10pm in The Netherlands... well it's fine by me. i've waited for like a year and a half now; a few extra hours shouldn't be a problem :) [/b]

You know, I'm going to go to a party at 8 pm my time here, which means that I'll come home late, then have to go to bed, wake up and go to school early, and be back by 4 PM tomorrow!

One bright side: People will then be finished downloading it en-mass and the servers will be available so I at least CAN download something by that time :)

Yours sincerely,
Demigan.

QUOTE (BLaZor @ Sep 30 2009, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's what I thought. I was wrong.

Fobby cleared this up in one of his posts.

When he posted that, it was 6:30 am GMT. 15 hours from then would be 9:30 pm GMT.

Makes sense? :huh:[/b]

My calculations are correct I just used the "middle of the day" phrase from page 4 instead of the "15 hours from now" phrase from some other thread.