Purchasing weapons insteads of only characters

Yeetler

I was wondering if I'm the only one who has thought of being able to purchase weapons instead of being forced to buy a new character?

For instance - buying a "Sydney" character should still be a better choice instead of only buying the "Personal Ion Cannon".
She has more health, armour and the weapon's firepower is higher.

For instance buying only the Personal Ion Cannon would make the weapon 70% or 60% weaker than the PIC Sydney uses.
The prices for the weapons could be something like this; 50% weaker weapon = 25% cheaper.

(Also only GDI can buy GDI weapons and vice versa)

Recruit - Farland gun / Chem sprayer
Veteran - Deadeye / Blackhand Sniper
Elite - Gunners Rocket launcher / Laser Chaingun - Patch's rifle / SBH laser rifle
Heroic - PIC / Railgun - Mobius's electro gun / Doza rifle & Mutant Tiberium rifle* (*for a high price)

Running around as a normal Soldier with a much better weapon and still being alot more vulnerable than the Weapons original character would be pretty nice.

It is just an idea but I think it could be fun to have ingame.

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 3:36 AM, Yeetler said:

I was wondering if I'm the only one who has thought of being able to purchase weapons instead of being forced to buy a new character?

For instance - buying a "Sydney" character should still be a better choice instead of only buying the "Personal Ion Cannon".
She has more health, armour and the weapon's firepower is higher.

For instance buying only the Personal Ion Cannon would make the weapon 70% or 60% weaker than the PIC Sydney uses.
The prices for the weapons could be something like this; 50% weaker weapon = 25% cheaper.

(Also only GDI can buy GDI weapons and vice versa)

Recruit - Farland gun / Chem sprayer
Veteran - Deadeye / Blackhand Sniper
Elite - Gunners Rocket launcher / Laser Chaingun - Patch's rifle / SBH laser rifle
Heroic - PIC / Railgun - Mobius's electro gun / Doza rifle & Mutant Tiberium rifle* (*for a high price)

Running around as a normal Soldier with a much better weapon and still being alot more vulnerable than the Weapons original character would be pretty nice.

It is just an idea but I think it could be fun to have ingame.

no seriously not really, since it will ruin the entire gameplay system, also some don't have good system so they cant kill a lot of people, also its not that fun no game is doing this. so better forget about this idea entirely

2 hours ago, roweboat said:

no chance for this with Renegade X... but there is a chance for this with Firestorm ;)

I can hope so.

26 minutes ago, Sinai said:

no seriously not really, since it will ruin the entire gameplay system, also some don't have good system so they cant kill a lot of people, also its not that fun no game is doing this. so better forget about this idea entirely

Ofcourse I won't forget it. If only it can get added into firestorm atleast.

Don't worry, there is so much stuff packed into FS that is often unnecessary.

Ren X has long been at the limit with UE3 and FS will top that. Pub games have now been adapted to PuG in Ren X and the same will happen with FS.

Ren X and FS have one thing in common: They were never really (just initially Ren X was) made for a general public. FS has nothing to do with CNC (Battlefield and Planetside send their regards), just worse engine at FS.

I can already hear the fanboys screaming.

Nevertheless, I wish you all a lot of fun, I don't have to like it.

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
12 hours ago, Backfromhell said:

Don't worry, there is so much stuff packed into FS that is often unnecessary.

Ren X has long been at the limit with UE3 and FS will top that. Pub games have now been adapted to PuG in Ren X and the same will happen with FS.

Ren X and FS have one thing in common: They were never really (just initially Ren X was) made for a general public. FS has nothing to do with CNC (Battlefield and Planetside send their regards), just worse engine at FS.

I can already hear the fanboys screaming.

Nevertheless, I wish you all a lot of fun, I don't have to like it.

The beauty of it is that you can basically change anything with a mutator/mod. I have long hoped that FS will ignite the modding community of C&C to create cool mods and add new things.

First of all, you have to have a functioning and balanced gameplay (basic gameplay) with an engine that is also up-to-date.

That is definitely not UE 3. I cannot assess UE 4 or 5 either.

You want to go a way like Battlefield and / or Planetside 2, you can see that clearly, is also OK, but very foolish with UE 3.

I leave maps out now, otherwise it will be too much.

The foundation stone for FS is not even finished and one "dreams of cool mods / mutators". You can have dreams but you should also know a way how to achieve them.

I don't know if this is the current attitude of the devs with modding.

The development of FS makes a completely unstructured and headless impression on me personally.

Ren X is already riddled with "PuG Feature" in public games.

You should have really released Ren X first, my personal opinion.

If a moderator does not like what I write in this topic (for me it belongs in here too, indirectly about characters and weapons), you can move or delete my post.

but still for all other who like the game like it is, have fun. Enough written about Ren x and FS this year. Stay healthy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Totem Arts Staff
11 hours ago, Backfromhell said:

First of all, you have to have a functioning and balanced gameplay (basic gameplay) with an engine that is also up-to-date.

That is definitely not UE 3. I cannot assess UE 4 or 5 either.

You want to go a way like Battlefield and / or Planetside 2, you can see that clearly, is also OK, but very foolish with UE 3.

I leave maps out now, otherwise it will be too much.

The foundation stone for FS is not even finished and one "dreams of cool mods / mutators". You can have dreams but you should also know a way how to achieve them.

I don't know if this is the current attitude of the devs with modding.

The development of FS makes a completely unstructured and headless impression on me personally.

You should have really released Ren X first, my personal opinion.

If a moderator does not like what I write in this topic (for me it belongs in here too, indirectly about characters and weapons), you can move or delete my post.

but still for all other who like the game like it is, have fun. Enough written about Ren x and FS this year. Stay healthy.

I'd say play it first before you make sweeping judgements. Everyone has their own opinion, and I don't keep up with FS development anymore so I don't really know what to tell you there. It would have been a dream for the entire team to make a UE4/5 game/port of FS or RenX. However, as you say, dreams should at least be achievable. And UDK is currently the only path for that.

What should I play? Ren X or FS?

I played Ren X until these changes came and tried again for a moment. No thank you.

FS?

If I liked a genre like that, I would definitely prefer Battlefield or Planetside 2. Better engine and even more players. My personal taste.

On the actual topic, only making weapons buyable for all characters, would simply be another disharmony in the balance.

Hottie could get away from the "air pistol" again.🙂

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 5:35 PM, Backfromhell said:

My opinion about those features, they work in PUG, but public is a different style and things which work on PUGs or PUBs dont have to work on the other playstyle. Both have their charm, but are simply different and trying new stuff is also ok, but if it doesnt work like intentended it should reverted.

It wouldnt be that huge issue if servers could be adapt it on configs to what is working for each style or let players decide with votes.

But it seems like most people dont care much about public games and force the whole game to PUG style. Even when features doesnt make sense and players complain about those settings. Feels like "not the game has to change, the players must change".

• Like 1