Game doesn't run in full-screen when YouTube is open

DerkThunder

I like to game while having YouTube or another video site running on another monitor.

However, When I launch the game with a video going it automatically gets minimized. I can change a config file to enable windowed mode and then the game runs fine, but I don't like to play in windowed mode.

I can play in full screen, but then I have to close my browser and not watch any videos. Also, I tested this with VLC media player and the game wont work with that program open either.

Is there any way to play this game without having to close my videos?

Edited by DerkThunder

• Totem Arts Staff
On 10/25/2021 at 6:01 PM, DerkThunder said:

I like to game while having YouTube or another video site running on another monitor.

However, When I launch the game with a video going it automatically gets minimized. I can change a config file to enable windowed mode and then the game runs fine, but I don't like to play in windowed mode.

I can play in full screen, but then I have to close my browser and not watch any videos. Also, I tested this with VLC media player and the game wont work with that program open either.

Is there any way to play this game without having to close my videos?

It may work if UDK/RenX supported fullscreen windowed mode, sadly it does not. I am not sure exactly about the mechanics of it, as I don't have 2 screens anymore, I can't test a solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Please submit this to our #support channel on our Discord: https://discord.gg/renegadex

I am on the official Ren-X site posting under the "technical support" forum.  I hope that's good enough for reporting a bug to the devs, but if it's not I would politely suggest renaming this forum.

No complaints, the game is free after all. But I don't have a discord account or the time to learn a new social media interface.

It may work if UDK/RenX supported fullscreen windowed mode, sadly it does not. I am not sure exactly about the mechanics of it, as I don't have 2 screens anymore, I can't test a solution.

Well thanks for your time anyways. There may be 3rd party apps that force programs into borderless windowed mode. I've yet to try.

• Like 1