Can we make the base Buildings stand out more on Maps?

Like there is not enough happening in the game developement...

And Like we do not EVEN mention the improved Arrowhead indicator for locating oneself....

.... But could we maybe consider in the far future.......   Making the Buildings Of The Base look more distinctive on the maps?    Maybe using the team colors to highlight them?       It would be great if it included a symbol to help new players get oriented.    It might help them understand that Keeping The Base Safe....  is  Plan A. 

Keep up the work......

• Like 2

On 5/27/2021 at 4:13 AM, isupreme said:

Like there is not enough happening in the game developement...

And Like we do not EVEN mention the improved Arrowhead indicator for locating oneself....

.... But could we maybe consider in the far future.......   Making the Buildings Of The Base look more distinctive on the maps?    Maybe using the team colors to highlight them?       It would be great if it included a symbol to help new players get oriented.    It might help them understand that Keeping The Base Safe....  is  Plan A. 

Keep up the work......

I did a rough draft of this with one of the Toxicity minimaps, mostly to indicate where the TeamSilo's were. 

It's amazing how many players must not press the 'M' key at all.

But I also used yellow and red text, rather than the icon. 

Its a shame the UI icons don't always line up with the minimap, despite the minimap itself being very accurate. 

Just can't trust those UI based radar icons sometimes 

So you just want to be able to tell the buildings apart by looking at the minimap? Coz... idk how you can confuse'em. 

Any examples?

It's amazing how many players must not press the 'M' key at all.

Sad but true.  Too bad there is no game mechanic that compels them to learn its use.

I do not find the map confusing...  I just think it could be made clearer.     I am thinking by highlighting the base buildings in the team colors... a new player might check the map... and start to think of it more as their base.   Their base to defend.    If the silo can be colored according to the team that controls it, then why not apply a similar effect to the base buildings the team controls.

I know this is just subtle psychology but this game is so confusing to new players, and they often are not asking questions...  so I feel we should do everything we can to communicate in other ways.   In this case, Visual communication.

• Like 1

OK...  a couple of real examples  where Highlighting the Base could be beneficial:

1.  Make the GTs team colors so when i look for them i can find them faster.

2. Make the team silo  ( when there is one )  more obvious.   I will admit to struggling to find it on some new maps.....

• 1 month later...
On 5/30/2021 at 7:01 PM, isupreme said:

Too bad there is no game mechanic that compels them to learn its use.

If there was one interactive feature with the overview map it'd be for players to 'beacon' points of interest, they wouldn't show up in-game but the minimap/radar at the bottom could 'ping'. Cooldown of 1 minute per player. e.g. Hold down LMB for 3 seconds to ping a 'point of interest' on the map.

Might be something useful for Firestorm if not for RenX 

Edited by Madkill40
  • Like 1

If there was one interactive feature with the overview map it'd be for players to 'beacon' points of interest, they wouldn't show up in-game but the minimap/radar at the bottom could 'ping'. Cooldown of 1 minute per player. e.g. Hold down LMB for 3 seconds to ping a 'point of interest' on the map.

Color coded.    Defense one color.   Offense another.

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Might be something useful for Firestorm if not for RenX 

Madkill,  may I ask when was the last time you tested Firestorm? That was already a feature in like... a month now. Granted they're still barebones and at one map glitched out, but it works otherwise. I'll let you know hoe to use it later tonight if you'd like

A feature like that in RenX might be worth considering

PS : No offense on that first remark btw. I was just genuinely curious

6 hours ago, Handepsilon said:

Madkill,  may I ask when was the last time you tested Firestorm? That was already a feature in like... a month now. Granted they're still barebones and at one map glitched out, but it works otherwise. I'll let you know hoe to use it later tonight if you'd like

A feature like that in RenX might be worth considering

PS : No offense on that first remark btw. I was just genuinely curious

Probably about, last week? Or the week before... 

I read the changelogs from time to time but a lot changes. Something like that can be easily forgotten about when its unused. [Considering not every test is a full team Vs team playtest.

I try to make it to test where possible but work-days tend to get in the way and on other days where I could make it testing was cancelled or moved to the Sunday which is a day I'm typically at work from 7am - 6pm. 

Altho in the coming weeks my current job I'll be saying bye bye, which means more test for the test-gods.