Was damage nerfed for some units?

mouse705

1) Was the machine gun in Tanks (Altfire - Medium GDI tank) - nerfed? I played Ren original (official). But on this remake, the Tank Primary and Secondary seem weak against Infantry. 

I used to be L33t and get PrimFire kills by shooting the ground where the Infantry would run to. And I used to be able to kill Inf with the Altfire machine gun. But now I barely damage them unless I aim for the head. (But being so far away and no zoom, that's harder.) Likewise, the MRLS rockets seem to be weak against Infantry, esp if I'm firing 4 at the target for splash damage.

So was Tank damage nerfed or spread increased?

2) Also was the Laser Chaingunner nerfed? I used to be able to melt vehicles. But now it seems the damage is too low, or spin-up fire-delay too long, or reload too slow.

3) Are there extra damage/heal hit-boxes on vehicles (like headshot for Infantry)?

• Totem Arts Staff

If you're expecting inf to get insta killed by vehicles like in OG ren, it's quite different. I think splash damage is a bit different, infantry have different armour types, and the damage multipliers on the armour types can be significant. Overall in the last years, the time to kill has been adjusted significantly in RenX.

LCG nerfed compared to when?

No.

• Totem Arts Staff

OG Ren's Medium tank didn't have an MG. I think OG Ren's splash damage for vehicles was higher, but they also didnt use Armour types as much. FLAK infantry [Pretty much all the anti tank infantry] are more resistant to explosions. Kevlar infantry [pretty much anything anti infantry] take significantly more damage from explosions.] 

As for the LCG damage, it's probably as strong against tanks as it's ever been.

1a) Ok thanks. So it's different splash damage + armor types = slower Inf kills. But it fees like Inf can harass even my Mammoth/Med tank too much. The fastest way to kill is to run over. Third day playing, so my muscle memory needs to be reshocked.

1b) The APC machine gun feels stronger than the GDI Med Tank? I can still kill with the APC.

2) I meant LCG "nerfed" (changed) compared to OG Ren. I don't remember the spin-up being so delayed. Or was Vehicle armor/HP increased or something? The melting balance feels wrong for the LCG. He used to be L33t.

3) Is there a special hit/heal box for Vehicles? I forget if OG had that or not.

Edited by mouse705

• Totem Arts Staff
On 2/7/2021 at 2:22 AM, mouse705 said:

1a) Ok thanks. So it's different splash damage + armor types = slower Inf kills. But it fees like Inf can harass even my Mammoth/Med tank too much. The fastest way to kill is to run over. Third day playing, so my muscle memory needs to be reshocked.

1b) The APC machine gun feels stronger than the GDI Med Tank? I can still kill with the APC.

2) I meant LCG "nerfed" (changed) compared to OG Ren. I don't remember the spin-up being so delayed. Or was Vehicle armor/HP increased or something? The melting balance feels wrong for the LCG. He used to be L33t.

3) Is there a special hit/heal box for Vehicles? I forget if OG had that or not.

1 ) Right 

1b) APC's gun is stronger vs. infantry than the med's MG, yes. 

2) LCG is actually substantially stronger vs. vehicles than OG Ren.

3) Never has been. 

Technically you can instakill any infantry with a tank headshot like in old ren, but it's more difficult in this game, especially if the target has good evasion skills. I don't know if the veteran status of the tanker and the target infantry matter. For example, I don't know if the infantry of the rank before heroic infantry can live a tank headshot from a recruit tank or slightly higher. The amount of armor and health the infantry may also matter. The damage multiplier for tank headshots in this game may be different than in old ren, so a dev should be able to correct me if I'm wrong. 

• Like 1