Poll - Helipad on Lakeside

TK0104

Poll - Helipad on Lakeside  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the Helipad return in the standard version of Lakeside?

• Yes, add it!
    • No, keep it as it was!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/21 at 02:00 PM

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey Community,

Hoping you're liking the winter season event so far and playing it non-stop in these cold, uncertain days. We're continuing development on Firestorm every day but we also have to work on Renegade X sometimes. And that leads me to my next question.

As you all know with the winter season update we replaced Lakeside with Lakeside - Winter. That map introduced us to the Helipad, a well known structure in the C&C universe. It provides the team access to aircraft units (the Orca Fighter, Apache and Chinooks) If this structure is destroyed, the team will lose access to these units. If the team loses its Weapons Factory / Airstrip, aircraft units will remain available.

There were some positive reactions about the addition of the Helipad but some of you don't like it. So I want to ask this question to a bigger audience and see what they think of this.

Cheers!

i find it is a good addition myself.    makes losing the WF / Strip less of a burden if the helipad is still active, since your not just stuck with basic anti-infantry vehicles.  if anything, the helipad for nod is more vulnerable to rushes because of its location on the map and the direction the door to the mct room faces (the door faces away from the base so anyone inside repairing the mct opens the mct to direct vehicular fire from the field).

if anything i would rotate the nod helipad so the "interior"  is facing towards the center of the nod base instead of towards the field.

this is one of 2 things i never quite understood why they are not base line in the game. helipad makes so much sense on flying maps. more strategy and possibilities should WF / air go down.

the other thing i always wanted to see in renegade was a buyable recon bike (default on every map - not just as a mod or a gimmick from crates or on certain maps). it was a base vehicle in original tiberian dawn.... but oh well... that's another story...

• Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff
On 12/27/2020 at 9:50 PM, iridesence said:

If anything i would rotate the nod helipad so the "interior"  is facing towards the center of the nod base instead of towards the field.

The reason why I didn't do that on Lakeside - Winter is because don't have control over the spawn point rotation yet so if I rotate the building 180 degrees, the aircraft wouldn't face towards the base. But this is something that shouldn't be too difficult. I'll ask a programmer if he / she can implement it 👍

• Like 2