Making it easier to find the player on the map

Fercurix

Searched the forum for this a bit. Maybe no wel enough but here it goes.

When I started RenX the 1st thing that actually really bothered me, especially on the newer Ren X maps is that when opening the map menu, I spent a lot of time finding myself is the littered bunch of blinking dots. The green is not easy to see.

Now its les of an issue when I am familiar with a map I know where to look. But this might be frustrating to new players, and will still be anoying on newer map releases. Anyway to make this more clear? Like with a view direction added to your own dot? Like Battlefield for example.

What do you guys think?

• Like 3

It's definitely feasible. Players and vehicles have different map icons. In fact, there are different graphics for each and every vehicle. Plus your player dot is different from other player's dots. So it is definitely possible to apply different graphics for different units/players.  I don't see how changing the graphic to something more visible would be an issue.

Granted, I have never actually seen the code. I'm just making an assumption based off of what I see in game right now.

• Like 1