Observations & Suggestions Detail 2020-2021

Suspiria

After careful consideration, I've prepared a new report.
These are some things I see and think would truly benefit this community and game.

Naturally, this is only my opinion.
But some of it does come from a place of wisdom and experience.

Enjoy!

@Havoc89 @Agent

Update Suggestions 2020-2021.pdf

Edited by DugeHick
  • Like 1

RE:

Hud    ~  place name of map on scoreboard.   ( o00o Look at how much i am laughing right now! )    I do not oppose this idea, but it was a miracle that my request to put the name of the map ON THE MAP happened.    Good luck and keep the faith!

Look and Feel    ~       As I often do repair work, I would oppose changing the vehicle Exit to the same side as facing.   As it is now, when i am repairing a player's tank and things get dangerous - I can safely jump in a tank that I am helping, and then safely exit to the back and continue repairs. 

Well organized input.  Nice work.

• Like 1

My idea was for GDI to have a support power that allowed for a para-drop from a plane over a designated area instead of say a chinook that would likely get shot down. Similarly I thought Nod could have gliders like shadow teams that did the same and it opens up more options for attacking a base. I think what you're saying could be a nice way to arrive into a map, so long as it doesn't make it look like a battle royale.

Reloading while having a full clip is a thing because it was a thing in original Renegade and tbh I do it all the time because idk :D

Repair facility shows no icon cause it isn't a significant building. Those buildings won't throw any EVA warnings on attack and also won't be required to be destroyed to win

• Like 2

• Totem Arts Staff
11 hours ago, Mystic~ said:

My idea was for GDI to have a support power that allowed for a para-drop from a plane over a designated area instead of say a chinook that would likely get shot down. Similarly I thought Nod could have gliders like shadow teams that did the same and it opens up more options for attacking a base. I think what you're saying could be a nice way to arrive into a map, so long as it doesn't make it look like a battle royale.

Pls no, that support power in the defense mode is killing me

18 hours ago, isupreme said:

Look and Feel    ~       As I often do repair work, I would oppose changing the vehicle Exit to the same side as facing.   As it is now, when i am repairing a player's tank and things get dangerous - I can safely jump in a tank that I am helping, and then safely exit to the back and continue repairs.

It was exiting you to the same side till about a year or so ago. I changed it to opposite side exactly for this reason as to make it easier and saver to jump out for repairs in battle. It might be annoying when you are somewhere safe, but it seemed more annoying to first have to run arround your tank to get in cover before you can safely start repairing.

• Like 3

• Totem Arts Staff
59 minutes ago, RypeL said:

It was exiting you to the same side till about a year or so ago. I changed it to opposite side exactly for this reason as to make it easier and saver to jump out for repairs in battle. It might be annoying when you are somewhere safe, but it seemed more annoying to first have to run arround your tank to get in cover before you can safely start repairing.

That change was very welcome, because before then, It seemed random as to where you would exit the vehicle. Sometimes you still can't get out where you want to, but like 90% is better than it was before.

It wasent random but it might have felt that way because often there might be less room in front of you cause of other tanks, rocks or other cover that your squeezing your tank against, then behind you. So then the system needed to find alternative spots to exit you and those probably felt kind of random. Behind you (more specific: opposite side your looking at) more often is open space so the system doesent need to find alternative locations.Thats my theory atleast why it might have felt more random before.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, isupreme said:

Thou shalt not exit your own vehicle while facing off with an enemy.
However, I did not account for the passenger-seat situation.
If repairing is your thing, then that is a strong argument indeed.

Perhaps this one can be made into a toggleable option in the input menu one day.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

Engine & Performance Sound bug @ DugeHick kicks the ball Game-thread profiling: can we clone certain arrays/datastores through DllBind to do expensive processing on them? @ Agent? If yes: how much faster would that be? (rumor: processing with C++ ought to be 5-20 times faster than UnrealScript calls) Game-t. parallelization: can we parallelize by doubling tick rate and alternating ENQUEUE => POLL through IPC? “TICK–TOCK” Artists: be advised that up to 60% of pre-GPU rendering performance is currently taken up by translucency Draw-calls Even though the Game-thread is currently our main bottleneck, the Draw-thread on the CPU will be the very next contender If you haven’t already, do take a peek at STAT SCENERENDERING combined with STAT UNIT and STAT FPS To find out how to best optimize your maps and assets for >50 fps

plz, do it. someone. anyone.  Watashitachi o tasukete !