Commander Super Powers Should Not Count Toards their Points or VP

AshbyJones

1 hour ago, Mystic~ said:

It still takes skill to land one of these abilities on an enemy position.

Commanders are often the more skilled players in the game.  They shouldn't get extra points from the huge damage done over a large area from the GIANT MISSILE THAT COMES OUT OF NOWHERE...which only they get...

I find that commanding makes you earn less VP/score because of all the extra work you have to do.
The time you spend into trying to organize rushes by spamming /C messages over and over, guiding the suicidal harvester, dropping scout planes and mark spotting , arguing with players that think they know better but wont command themselves... lol.

Every second spent not shooting/repairing/killing costs you VP earnings, sure the cruise missiles are great for earning VP but its not a flat bonus.
with great power comes many small time consuming responsibilities that doesn't earn you VP.

I don't care if you make the cruise missile earn you no VP at all, just want to point out the above.

• Like 1

The VP gains are fine, like Syntharn said, they offset the loss in VP caused by standing around and organizing things. You would be surprised how much I stand around as a commander with SBH, simply observing the battlefield and figuring out what should be the next move.

I mean yes, VP rewards from landing a nice cruise are a great thing, but at the same time it is a huge investment. Some players can easily snipe the missile and/or tanks could simply back off a bit. Also take into consideration that if the missile does not have a strategic impact, a lot of CP are flused down the drain for nothing.

If we're touching support powers, then please remove the damage of cruise missile on GT. It is now frequently abused by commanders to drop an airstrike+cruise on a GT and in 9/10 cases the GT is gone without being able to do anything about it. Oh and double cruise spam on nukes/ions became a thing too…

• Like 1

...which only they get...

I was thinking it could be distributed, but I don't think landing a cruise missile is any worse than landing a good airstrike. Commanders often spend more time communicating than they do engaged in fights or skirmishes.

Edited by Mystic~

On 8/2/2020 at 6:03 AM, dtdesign said:

If we're touching support powers, then please remove the damage of cruise missile on GT. It is now frequently abused by commanders to drop an airstrike+cruise on a GT and in 9/10 cases the GT is gone without being able to do anything about it. Oh and double cruise spam on nukes/ions became a thing too…

omg yes.  YES 1 THOUSAND TIMES YES.  Y CANT YOU AIRSTRIKE A NUKE BUT YOU CAN CRUISE MISSLE/SMOKE ONE?  HOW ON EARTH DOES IT MAKE SENSE THAT YOU CAN CRUISE A GT?  I understand that you can shoot a cruise down but realistically that doesnt' happen most of the time...MOST OF THE TIME it is definitely *abused* by lazy commanders...not mentioning any names SHPETIM.  It makes the game worse...maybe get rid of cruise missiles altogether!!!!!!!!

On 8/2/2020 at 3:11 AM, Syntharn said:

I find that commanding makes you earn less VP/score because of all the extra work you have to do.
The time you spend into trying to organize rushes by spamming /C messages over and over, guiding the suicidal harvester, dropping scout planes and mark spotting , arguing with players that think they know better but wont command themselves... lol.

That is a valid point 100%.  I dont know if commanding on average give more or less vp for players vs. their baseline.

• Like 1