PC crashes when nuke explodes

Ryz

Think i have this since a few weeks. On walls just a few minutes ago, but also on other maps sometimes my pc crashes when a nuke explodes. It happens like once a week. PC screen becomes black, fan starts making a lot of noise and I have to reboot. Only have this with Renegade-x that my PC stops, nothing else... 

It wasnt there a month or two ago...  It also doesn't happen always... 

Here you go with specs:
i7-7700k
32GB Ram
Radeon Rx 480

It wasn't a server crash. Just happened after 2 hours of gaming when a nuke exploded at endscreen... It's very random. Pc sometimes runs for 7 days where I play Renx and it doesn't crash. Havent stress tested CPU / GPU btw...

I can also rejoin directly after it happens (if the server isn't full :D) 

Edited by Ryz

Ah, good ol' Black Screen High Fan.
I think this should be moved to Tech Support forum.

Either way

Most commonly, BSHF issues are pre-POST (before BIOS), in which case they're certainly hardware-related.
However in your case it happens post-POST and specifically when something (e.g. GPU/VRAM-)intense happens.

While it can still be a hardware issue, I think you'll want to rule out a driver issue first.
Specifically a clean install of your graphics driver.

I'd advise the following:

1. Clean install graphics driver by using https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html
2. Also update your chipset, LAN and sound card drivers
3. Test your RAM with https://hcidesign.com/memtest/
4. Find your motherboard model number and update your BIOS of it's outdated

If all of those don't do it then we can start thinking of a (non-RAM) hardware problem.
And then we would talk about PSU, MoBo (e.g. MOSFETs) and problematic PCI-e power connectors and also assess your PC's dust situation.

THIS MESSAGE IS FULLY ASSUMING YOU'RE NOT PUSHING YOUR VRM AND BRIDGES BY OVERCLOCKING
IF YOU ARE OVERCLOCKING YOU NEED TO TELL US AND STABILIZE YOUR CLOCKS FOR NOW

We'll definately figure this one out, friend.

Edited by DugeHick

I thought it was more game related since other people stated (ingame) they had the same. That's why I posted it here. I will check my drivers and stuff, thanks for all the feedback!