Beginners Server?

Mystic~

The game seems to be getting popular again recently due to the expansion and the teaser trailers/discussions and often servers are full again during the week. I'm wondering if it's worth there being a server setup exclusively for beginners to learn the game before graduating or becoming more confident to join pro public level games. It would prevent experienced players from becoming frustrated due to too many unseeded players and silly things like mines, and could prevent new or amateur players becoming frustrated at becoming fodder for pro-snipers and maybe more spaces remain available in the main/big games for those who want the challenge.

• Like 1

This would be appreciated.

I'm a noob but get frustrated by other noobs who should play skirmish/noob servers to get up to speed first. Mines are easy to learn if you just pay attention to where existing ones are placed and learn why (wiki helps there..). I would mainly use such a server above to learn new classes/vehicles/roles as I'm pretty staple arty/tech usually. 

• Totem Arts Staff
4 hours ago, N4CR said:

This would be appreciated.

I'm a noob but get frustrated by other noobs who should play skirmish/noob servers to get up to speed first. Mines are easy to learn if you just pay attention to where existing ones are placed and learn why (wiki helps there..). I would mainly use such a server above to learn new classes/vehicles/roles as I'm pretty staple arty/tech usually. 

Wiki exists but it doesn't give much info on tactics, mostly statistics and basic info about the different parts of the game. Most of the stats are severely out dated, however. https://wiki.renegade-x.com/wiki/Main_Page.

I had implemented the mine radius thing before I retired, with more stuff planned such as "holo mines" that would appear over places in a map designated by the map creator or by mutator and I thought it would help new players, but I don't think it would have gotten that a good reception from everyone.

Edited by StoneD

• Totem Arts Staff
6 hours ago, DugeHick said:

Yep!!!
Smack on the nose, StoneD.
This is really the time to worry about acquisition e.g. getting that interactive tutorial out.

Who's working on this again?

Last I knew, no one. I believe the idea was to have a map converted (like FieldX) and have different tasks you need to do, but have it "similar" enough to regular match environment I think. Hence the use of an already existing map.