Renegade voice chat

Callme

Voice chat is a good idea?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Voice chat is a good idea?

• Yes
    • Nah

Implementing  in a Ren X voice chat communication between players is of great need. It is obvious that with voice communication in-game chatting becomes a lot easier and you don't waste a lot of time typing. Also more fun and realistic:)

Edited by DontCallMeDaddy
  • Like 1

• Totem Arts Staff

Honestly I think full voice integration wouldn't be a bad idea if possible.

Some might think it would become too "annoying"... but with the size of our community and moderation... just like any other issue, if someone is bringing the game experience down, they can be muted or kicked.

Yes discord is currently available and used for PUGs, but I believe it's a far cry from what the average player wants to go through the hassle of setting up and coordinating for a quick gaming session.

But then again, I'm also not for it... 'cuz nothing quite like leading a team to victory through text against a voice-chat coordinated team 😆🤣

It would be the beginning of the end.   its just too much.     It would completely destroy my imagination of being on the Renegade battlefield and allow dominant personalities to take priority over teamwork.    It would neuter all our efforts to build communications that use other methods.  (The radio  and the Q spotting are great tools.)   

Easier is not always better.

• Like 2

i knew only one game with a voice chat.. i've played it around 150 hours and heard only a few times ppl using it, usually there was russians saying some strange words, and once it was an english guy who asked us which song we want to listen, i replied "hell march" and he played hell march 3 (bark version), it was so hilarous :D
honestly if this feature is added, i would only use it as a radio to play some C&C musics ^^

• Haha 2

On 5/26/2020 at 10:19 PM, Gex_str said:

If it will be implemented, then it will stay in same place as personal score for me: turned off forever.

Same for me :D
Nothing against having the option, but I'm not a fan of voicechat, and especially not in large numbers. 
It took me a while to get used to voice commands and I still only use a few, but they can be pretty effective, I think.