Renegade X as an actual, legal, Non-profit

isupreme

Non profits are allowed to pay employees and to raise funds  ~ Because a non profit benefits the public and not share holders.

In my state a non profit only needs 3 people and a charter, and 50$ to the state to file.

12 hours ago, HIHIHI said:

I'm pretty sure any raising of funds from the public would be in violation of the agreement with EA, whether or not Totem Arts was set up as a non-profit.

If anything, declaring RenX legally as non-profit would likely infuriate EA Games and that's just because of the terms "legally non-profit" 

Plus what HIHIHI said

• Like 1

Also, don't forget the condition of a non-profit: no profit. It works for a business that somehow serves society and can exist on donations or state funds, but it doesn't really help Totem Artz and the people contributing. I can't know for sure, but I guess EA's shackles are pretty big and sturdy.

The only legal way out of this, is a totally different game more or less inspired by the skirmish like base vs base, with vehicles and infantry, by the same talented people *but* totally away from any name or likeness of C&C. And with EA's legal team breathing down your neck. On the other hand, you can't just scrap or reuse a project that has been in development since 2009 just like that. I'm assuming a lot of people have come and gone development-wise, which is inevitable. Kudos to the people still holding this game up to this day. I don't think most of the players realize how much effort it takes to pool resources like that together, across the globe.

tl;dr: I don't see why Totem Artz would start shuffling their legal status about, if it doesn't yield some benefit and doesn't awake the EA deathsquad :D Not a lawyer though. 

• Like 1

Just send your money to me and I'll create a mega server (by purchase only) and it will be under my will and commandership! Donate your money to me and it will ignite a board with 32 - 64 - 82 - 101 - 124 slot servers. You'll love it, more players among every server across it all like in the OldRen days where people were wholesome in their participation and lastl- Oh shit DDoS