Game Auto-Closes

Hello RenX Team,

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue, (Most likly Not, i always have bad luck)

I was playing RenX last night without issue,

Today(This eving) however, Every time i load up the game, the game loads up to main menu - Then suddenly the game Auto-closes itself back to windows, 

I've checked Game Intergrity, ive even clicked reset game to no succes, i've not re-installed yet as wanted to see if anyone else had this issue?

Last resort is to uninstall and re-install.

I tried both the 32- and the 64-bit version. After joining the server and completing the loading procedure, the game is rendered as it should and response to user input, such as movement and camera. 2-3 seconds the game crashes, but with a slightly different behavior.

On 32 bit I get thrown to the desktop right away, but with 64 bit the game appears to be stuck on the screen for a while before showing the desktop again (I'm using 3 monitors, it only blockes the center one). However, the sound cues stop at the same time, so the 64 bit version staying on screen is most likely not linked to the cause of the crash.

The crash logs are interesting, they appear to be cut off prematurely, as if some buffer was not fully flushed to disk at the time of the crash.

[…]
[0021.57] Log: MIC::SetScalarParameterValue : Modifying 'MI_RockDirt_FakeLit' during gameplay. ParamName: GlobalParticleValue
[0021.57] Log: MIC::SetScalarParameterValue : Modifying 'MI_RockDirt_FakeLit' during gameplay. ParamName: GlobalSecondaryParticleValue
[0021.57] Log: MIC::SetScalarParameterValue : Modifying 'MI_Smoke_FakeLit' during<EOF>
[…]
[0029.19] Log: MIC::SetScalarParameterValue : Modifying 'MI_Smoke_FakeLit' during gameplay. ParamName: GlobalParticleValue
[0029.19] Log: MIC::SetScalarParameterValue : Modifying 'MI_Smoke_FakeLit' during gameplay. <EOF>
[…]
[0021.92] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::SyncActorToRBPhysics(): no PhysicsAssetInstance for Rx_Pawn CNC-Walls.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.Rx_Pawn_19 with skeletalmesh: NULL
[0021.94] Warning: USkeletalMeshComponent::SyncActorToRBPhysics(): no PhysicsAssetInstance for Rx_Pawn CNC-Walls.TheWorld<EOF>

The last crash log is attached

Launch.log

Edited by dtdesign
Typo

I have this bug as well. However I am able to join a server just fine if I double click on the server directly from the launcher.

If I select "launch game" from the launcher (or exit a server) then the main game client loads fine, but crashes and disappears as soon as I select "multiplayer" The client does not give me any trouble browsing through skirmish, options, or extras.

If you're facing this issue, please delete Rx_VersionCheck_Lib.dll from the Binaries\Win32\UserCode and Binaries\Win64\UserCode folders and report back whether or not the issue is fixed. It looks like this is likely going to be an issue there, rather than the launcher itself -- the launcher update just happened to coincide in timing with some other changes. The only feature lost from deleting this DLL, should be that pings will fail to display in the server list.

I definitely need feedback as to whether this resolves the issues for others or not, as after deleting this DLL I haven't been able to reproduce this crash. I have some fixes locally but they will end up requiring a game patch, which is generally a slightly longer process than the launcher patches, so it may take a few days. I might also just rewrite the ping functionality in C/C++ instead since it's the last of 2 C# libs we have left.

• Thanks 1

Also if you've experienced this crash please post both a UDK log file and (especially if deleting the DLL resolves your issue) the NativeLog.txt file from the UserCode dirs. It seems there's a more than a few potential crash sources around this.

7 hours ago, Agent said:

Inoltre, questo è un arresto, si prega di pubblicare sia un file di registro UDK che (soprattutto se l'eliminazione della DLL risolta il problema) il file NativeLog.txt dalla directory UserCode. Sembra che ci siano più di alcune preoccupazioni fonti di crash attorno a questo.

"LA TUA CONNESSIONE ALL'HOST TIME OUT"

Spoiler

Ho  rimosso "Rx_VersionCheck_Lib.dll" ma non funziona ...

Programmi (x86) - Renegade X - Binaries - Win32 - Usercode - NativeLog

08/05/2020 20:19:43| 

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Indice oltre i limiti della matrice.
   in Rx_VersionCheck_Lib.VersionCheck.StartPinging()

08/05/2020 20:20:47| 

08/05/2020 20:51:39| 

08/05/2020 20:52:35| 

08/05/2020 20:58:23| 

08/05/2020 20:59:43| 

08/05/2020 21:56:08| 

08/05/2020 21:59:38| 

08/05/2020 22:03:48| 

08/05/2020 22:04:52| 

08/05/2020 22:14:38| 

08/05/2020 22:30:46| 

NativeLog.txt

Edited by Sarie
please dont post 10 mile logs in the forum post

15 hours ago, Agent said:

If you're facing this issue, please delete Rx_VersionCheck_Lib.dll from the Binaries\Win32\UserCode and Binaries\Win64\UserCode folders and report back whether or not the issue is fixed. It looks like this is likely going to be an issue there, rather than the launcher itself -- the launcher update just happened to coincide in timing with some other changes. The only feature lost from deleting this DLL, should be that pings will fail to display in the server list.

I definitely need feedback as to whether this resolves the issues for others or not, as after deleting this DLL I haven't been able to reproduce this crash. I have some fixes locally but they will end up requiring a game patch, which is generally a slightly longer process than the launcher patches, so it may take a few days. I might also just rewrite the ping functionality in C/C++ instead since it's the last of 2 C# libs we have left.

This seemed to have worked for me now.

I was able to play the game fine, apart from the usaell DDOSS attacks :(

removal : Rx_VersionCheck_Lib.dll from the Binaries\Win32\UserCode and Binaries\Win64\UserCode helped, but I can't join the FPI.uk server, additionally when I click multiplayer - there is the ONLINE tab (all available servers visible) and LOCAL, when I enter local and return to online, the servers are disappearing and I have to leave the game and restart to see srwery.

I am able to confirm that deleting "Rx_VersionCheck_Lib.dll" from the ".\Binaries\Win32\UserCode and ".\Binaries\Win64\UserCode" directories has fixed the crashing problem. I was successful in joining a server from the in-game browser and I was able to return to the main menu without any issue. I have uploaded my post-fix logs here as well.

Launch.log NativeLog.txt

• Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 4:02 PM, Agent said:

This fixed it for me. Thanks!

For ye olde c:\ default installs, Rx_VersionCheck_Lib.dll is in these two locations:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win32\UserCode
C:\Program Files (x86)\Renegade X\Binaries\Win64\UserCode