Remove turret control from player

HIHIHI

So, I have been working on and off on a mutator to switch control of a vehicle's turret between the driver and a passenger. I have (mostly) successfully made control of the weapon switch between the driver and the first passenger, but switching control of the turret is another matter. I can make the driver GIVE control of the physical turret to the passenger, but once that is done, BOTH seats can control its rotation, and this control cannot be taken away. My question is: does anyone know how to take control of the turret skeletal controls from a seat?

Rx_Vehicle.uc

All modified/new code is in Rx_Vehicle there, in lines 106 and 1264-1620. You can also just search for HIHIHI in the comments to find it.

Thanks very much,

HIHIHI

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Sort of understandable for Renegade being in full control of vehicle weapons and armaments. However when planetside made the change from the turret being gunner controlled to driver controlled in planetside 2 I was one of the many opposed to such changes. 

However I do wish there was something the passenger could do from vehicles. Maybe give it a second gun or something. You could take the secondary away from tanks and give it to the passenger. Let the driver retain control of the big gun.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the support! @Marinealver the idea is to make control toggleable. @isupreme this seems to me like another way to increase player voice without complicating the game very much at all. I haven't worked on it much recently, but maybe I'll get back on it sometime. It's just hard to get motivation when I have no ideas. : )

HIHIHI

• Like 1

That's the easy part... I already have that working. : )

The hard part is removing control of the mesh from a player - the project has kind of stagnated at that for now while I work on things I can understand a bit better. Hopefully I'll get back to it and figure it out someday.

HIHIHI

• Like 1