Jump to content

Renegade X: Localization Needs


NodSaibot
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Greetings Renegamers,

As the game slowly spreads, Totem Arts has noticed a growing need for localization (translating) in RenX. If you would like to help translate RenX into a different language, please comment here and message me on Discord or the forums. Please include which language you would want to translate to.

I will be opening a GitHub repo for the specific purpose of having open source and community driven localization. If you don’t know how to use GitHub, it is quite easy, but if you don’t feel like learning how, you can direct message me the translations and I will add it to the repo/game myself. 

If you desire to help, please read the entire README on GitHub!

https://github.com/TotemArts/Localization

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I don’t bite very hard!

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Greetings ;)

Thank you so much, for a french translation we are 3 to work, me, Nexus51325 and MrTheFrenchBaguette, and we are interested for work on GitHub, but.. we have never utilised it ^^
We will work with you with pleasure ^_^

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I, along with Nexus and Reivax, have discovered a bug. Nexus and Reivax were using their translated versions, and when they said "Attack that vehicle" while pointing at a vehicle, it would show up on MY screen with the vehicle name in French. Obviously, this would make it harder for new players to learn, especially with more versions, because they will see all the different languages at once. Screenshots follow.

FrencBug1.thumb.png.55c6b042f006fd47f78f5bae574639b5.png

FrenchBug2.thumb.png.8c6a8366f698c6bc00d099070bfcde05.png

Hope this helps,

HIHIHI

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
9 hours ago, Murica! Fuck yeah! said:

Submitted files, translated into Russian. Waiting for others to come, and thank you for taking this seriously. 😉

I saw you forked the repo, you now need to go the main repo and click New Pull Request, and merge your forked repo into the main one.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
50 minutes ago, HIHIHI said:

I, along with Nexus and Reivax, have discovered a bug. Nexus and Reivax were using their translated versions, and when they said "Attack that vehicle" while pointing at a vehicle, it would show up on MY screen with the vehicle name in French. Obviously, this would make it harder for new players to learn, especially with more versions, because they will see all the different languages at once. Screenshots follow.

FrencBug1.thumb.png.55c6b042f006fd47f78f5bae574639b5.png

FrenchBug2.thumb.png.8c6a8366f698c6bc00d099070bfcde05.png

Hope this helps,

HIHIHI

Thank you, I will be looking into correcting the English localizations, along with adding more stuff to be translated, and fixing bugs such as this.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm a big fan of Renegade X, I played the original since when I was 6 years old and probably here in my country (Brazil) I must be the only one who still plays Renegade X, it would be a huge pleasure to help with the translation of the game to Portuguese Brazil, you can count with my support in this idea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
3 minutes ago, Skyflare said:

Hello, I'm a big fan of Renegade X, I played the original since when I was 6 years old and probably here in my country (Brazil) I must be the only one who still plays Renegade X, it would be a huge pleasure to help with the translation of the game to Portuguese Brazil, you can count with my support in this idea.

If you’d like to start now, you can get the 2 files here and begin translating at your own leisure. Thank you for your support!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2019 at 3:51 PM, Sarah. said:

They will be supported.

Simplified Chinese Uploaded(ON GITHUB PULL REQUEST). But I found some mistakes in the English text

For example :

1.Vehicle List:(Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley)------------PT_Description-------------n-75mm Cannon

But in (Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley_Weapon)-----------------ItemName="22MM Cannon"

2.You can donate credits to your team mates by holding down CTRL and pressing D

But I check in game the correct is CTRL+N (or my private setting ? but I remember there is no way to change this)

3.All the 0 cost Characters are pistol not Silenced (Except for Engineers)

Sydeny and Raveshaw carrying TiberiumFlechetteRifle not Heavy Pistol

...............and so on

We revised all of them in correct

Edited by Sailarc
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer
5 minutes ago, Sailarc said:

Simplified Chinese Uploaded. But I found some mistakes in the English text

For example :

1.Vehicle List:(Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley)------------PT_Description-------------n-75mm Cannon

But in (Rx_Vehicle_M2Bradley_Weapon)-----------------ItemName="22MM Cannon"

2.You can donate credits to your team mates by holding down CTRL and pressing D

But I check in game the correct is CTRL+E (or my private setting ? but I remember there is no way to change this)

3.All the 0 cost Characters are pistol not Silenced (Except for Engineers)

Sydeny and Raveshaw carrying TiberiumFlechetteRifle not Heavy Pistol

...............and so on

We revised all of them in correct

Yeah, I haven't gotten around to actually fixing the English version, I just put up what was already there. Thank you for fixing it in your version.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • NodSaibot unpinned this topic
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...