performance issue

Confuser2188

usually, im playing this game at 30-35 fps

its always 60 fps for first 1~ min

when i play other games, most of them using 95% GPU, 6GB RAM. but at RenX, 20% GPU, 20% CPU, 2,5GB RAM

also today i got "out of video memory" error while its using 1GB/4GB

why im getting too low fps ? is my pc specs are bad to play renx ?

when i change resolution or other settings, still getting same fps.

zlUR0RZ8TaG3ZUx8IP9r0g.png

iRPNOZOiSBm7er9a2_QslA.png

CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8300 Eight-Core Processor 

RAM: 16,0 GB DDR3 1600MHZ

GPU: GTX 1050 Ti

23 minutes ago, Sarah! said:

I'd try using the 64-bit client and see if you get any better performance. However, the 64-bit client does have it's own weird bugs, so use at your own risk.

image.thumb.png.075938bea00527228c1aca92e0783e44.png

already tried it

when i use purchase terminal, game is frozing. (completely frozing. not fps drop. have to restart to play again)

or when i switch to a process, cant switch back to renx without restart

also fps is still low but looks better than 32-bit (5-10 fps more idk)

Edited by Confuser2188

On 09.02.2018 at 11:35 PM, Fffreak9999 said:

Try checking the option boxes for Graphics in the menu, and search for things like Dynamic lights and other things like that. Try changing a mixture of them until you find a stable solution.

On 10.02.2018 at 4:56 AM, Madkill40 said:

Have you enabled Hardware PhysX on the first page of the settings menu?

still low fps :(

on main menu, GPU 75%, CPU 50% -> FPS 130

ingame, GPU 25%, CPU 28% -> FPS 37 (cuz its not even using them)

is it possible to force renx to use gpu & cpu ?

also on main menu settings, theres a "fps target" slider. but its not visible ingame settings menu. (im getting max 62fps ingame)

ZE5hmKUbTaWdtym7VvdxQw.png

KKykDsjdS2KlC4T3uO6D2g.png

• Totem Arts Staff

i also have a fx8350 and have crappy fps ... the problem lies with the way unreal engine 3 uses the fx cpu ... the engine only sees 4 physical cores

bulldozer and pile-driver architecture is odd and misleading take the 8150 - 8350 they say 8 cores but in fact the chip is set up with 4 modules that have there own cache that is shared between the 2 cores on the module most programs see the modules cache as 1 core and will tell the cpu to only use that one core per module or even just one core in total

ue3 thinks you have a quad-core and as the ipc (instructions per clock) are crappy you get crappy frames due to drawcalls ... mem > cpu >gpu ... cpu is a bottleneck :(

sorry i have the exact same issue in most unreal 3 games

42 minutes ago, kenz3001 said:

i also have a fx8350 and have crappy fps ... the problem lies with the way unreal engine 3 uses the fx cpu ... the engine only sees 4 physical cores

bulldozer and pile-driver architecture is odd and misleading take the 8150 - 8350 they say 8 cores but in fact the chip is set up with 4 modules that have there own cache that is shared between the 2 cores on the module most programs see the modules cache as 1 core and will tell the cpu to only use that one core per module or even just one core in total

ue3 thinks you have a quad-core and as the ipc (instructions per clock) are crappy you get crappy frames due to drawcalls ... mem > cpu >gpu ... cpu is a bottleneck :(

sorry i have the exact same issue in most unreal 3 games

but why its working fine at main menu

it can use 50% CPU, 95% GPU, but why its not using ingame ?

going down to 20% CPU, 25% GPU while it can use up to 50,95

i think its a different problem

• Totem Arts Staff

main menu doesn't have any bots, players, projectiles, vehicles, ect or any thing that makes drawcalls as everything is loaded in the cam view if you could play a game on the main menu map you would get massive drops in performance when the game makes drawcalls

its all about them calls of draw

2 hours ago, kenz3001 said:

main menu doesn't have any bots, players, projectiles, vehicles, ect or any thing that makes drawcalls as everything is loaded in the cam view if you could play a game on the main menu map you would get massive drops in performance when the game makes drawcalls

its all about them calls of draw

i mean why its not using them ingame.

why its using 95% GPU,50% CPU at main menu while there are no entities as you said

if it can use 95,50 at main menu, it should use ingame too. am i wrong ?

screenshots

main menu

KNP9Gt91TrWMc_d8GrSilA.png

ingame

AGVIcmvLSuqLU5SxR6HkNQ.png

• Totem Arts Staff

ok put it in the simpelest of ways... 

your cpu is not powerfull enuff to feed all the data to the gpu so you get a drop in frames

the cpu is the bottle neck the more that goes on in the map the more a single core will get bogged down and other processes will have to wait for it to catch up thus getting lower usage 

its a problem with all fx cpus on ue3 

there is nothing more to say on this matter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nvidia Control panel, 'Configure Surround/PhysX' set 'GPU' as PhysX default (Auto-select typically uses the GPU instead of the CPU anyway) and give RenX a try, failing this, select 'CPU' instead and see what happens.

I kept getting shitty FPS and random drops but that all stopped when I uninstalled 'ASUS AI Suite II'