Why does length of a game weigh K/D more than Game Sense when it comes to MVP?

DeadAccount

Have you noticed how the length of a game weighs K/D more than Game Sense when it comes to MVP? Almost always the MVP of a 30+ minute match will be someone with a k/d of 30-2, 40-4, etc.

Which is strange and counter-intuitive because it would seem to me if a match is going that long, the MVP should the person who has created the most offensive output in taking down the other teams towers.

IMO I think the analytics in calculating MVP should be tinkered with. Maybe the veterancy points awarded per kill  be cut in half? Thoughts?

STAY AWESOME!! :D

Edited by MintLemonade

51 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

52 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

I thought MVP was just the player at the top of the scoreboard of their respective team? If this is not the case then this should be changed as that is how Old Ren did it, it's how KANE did it, and it's worked out pretty well so far.

to peace.  

1 hour ago, DarkSn4ke said:

no clue whats the term of @nBabs MVP calculation but snipers get extra VP for HS kills, which is daft + unfair, as other unit's (Syd/Rav / + tanks) don't get any extra VP for HS kills

Getting +6 to +9 VP for killing an engineer with a Sakura is pretty ridiculous, down right glorifying snipers and patting their backs a bit too much to be honest.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Ryz said:

At some point, during late games, k/d seems to trigger a breaking point with that stated goal. Where the amass of kills overrides everything else. It's as if veterancy kills snowball and overwhelm all other stats. The person who has 50-3 during 30+ min matches will be MVP (usually) regardless of what happens offensively, defensively, etc. (Except for the losing team where MVP is usually awarded to the most defensive/support player) I'll snap some screens later when I get the chance.

I'm not saying that person shouldn't be the MVP, especially when they are contributing to other efforts. It just seems that the snowball effect of veterancy kills need tweaking. It can be especially noticed during late games when game sense (taking down another teams tower/tanks) should be the focus in a marathon match.

I do think a combination of Offensive/Defensive/Support scores is the best strategy for MVP. To me, it just needs to be tinkered a bit.

Edited by MintLemonade

I don't know how they value a player to be come the Most Valuable Player for the match, but half of the time it always picks someone who is not the most useful or the true game changer who made a difference to the team. I'm not saying that MVP-awarded player didn't deserve it, it's just that the MVP is based on the algorithm, not by a conscience judgement so people shouldn't take MVP seriously or believe it is always correct when judging the best player.

• Like 1