Low FPS In Game

Supermarauder

Hi Totem Arts,

I got a new laptop atleast 2 months ago now and just reinstalled Renegade X today only to find out that it lags quite a bit on my machine. I didn't expect that to happen nor do i know why its so choppy and sluggish, if you could help me figure out the issue it would be much appreciated.

My Laptop specs are:

Operating System
            Windows 10 Home 64-bit
        CPU
            Intel Core i7 7700HQ @ 2.80GHz    54 °C
            Kaby Lake 14nm Technology
        RAM
            12.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1198MHz (17-17-17-39)
        Motherboard
            HP 825D (U3E1)    62 °C
        Graphics
            Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
            Intel HD Graphics 630 (HP)
            4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (HP)    52 °C
            ForceWare version: 384.94
            SLI Disabled
        Storage
            119GB LITEON CV4-8Q128-HP (SSD)    45 °C
            931GB Hitachi HGST HTS721010A9E630 (SATA)    35 °C
            29GB SDHC Card (SCSI)
        Optical Drives
            hp DVDRW DU8AESH
        Audio
            Realtek High Definition Audio

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Henk said:

Are you maybe running the game with Intel graphics instead of your Nvidia GPU?

That's actually a known issue that can occur with it using the wrong adapter. There's a way to force it to use a particular one iirc. If someone can look into that, as I currently am not in a position to. 

• Thanks 1

I think you also need to find the main udk.exe for RenX and make a change in the nvidia control panel that it starts with the nvidiaGPU instead of the Intel one. Just starting the launcher with the nvidiaGPU will only start that with it. Normally, the drivers should detect that...

• Thanks 1

• Totem Arts Staff
1 hour ago, Schmitzenbergh said:

I think you also need to find the main udk.exe for RenX and make a change in the nvidia control panel that it starts with the nvidiaGPU instead of the Intel one. Just starting the launcher with the nvidiaGPU will only start that with it. Normally, the drivers should detect that...

yes you are correct. 

Go to Nivida control panel. (right click on desktop and choose nvidia control panel) 

on the left side of the windows click "manage 3D settings" 

click on the tab ""program settings "

click the "add " button and select renegade x launcher""

under "2. select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" click to open the list and choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor" and then click ""Apply"" at bottom of the window.

TIP:

if you want to know what currently programs uses the NVIDIA GPU do this:

on the windows of NVIDIA Control Panel click the button "Desktop" on top menu and mark "Display GPU icon activity in notification area "

afterwards, you will see icon on the clock icon area which indicates what programs uses the Nvidia GPU so you could know if renegade uses it instead of intel gpu.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kira said:

yes you are correct. 

Go to Nivida control panel. (right click on desktop and choose nvidia control panel) 

on the left side of the windows click "manage 3D settings" 

click on the tab ""program settings "

click the "add " button and select renegade x launcher""

under "2. select the preferred graphics processor for this program:" click to open the list and choose "High-performance NVIDIA processor" and then click ""Apply"" at bottom of the window.

TIP:

if you want to know what currently programs uses the NVIDIA GPU do this:

on the windows of NVIDIA Control Panel click the button "Desktop" on top menu and mark "Display GPU icon activity in notification area "

afterwards, you will see icon on the clock icon area which indicates what programs uses the Nvidia GPU so you could know if renegade uses it instead of intel gpu.

this has worked for me and Renegade X is now playing how it should be. Incredibly smooth and looks great! Thanks everyone! 

if this thread could be locked that would be great!

• boxes locked this topic