Notification of a players vehicle being stolen.

voltex

Would it be possible to have a notification that tell which player has had their vehicle stolen similar to the one showing which player is overmining?

This would be extremely useful in finding players that are team hampering by constantly having their vehicle stolen either intentional or not as its often hard to find out who the mammoth tank belonged to when its shooting you in the face and it still pisses me off to no end how incompetent some people are when they cant figure out that if they get out of their veh in the middle of lakeside that it will most likely be stolen.

Had a match on Lakeside earlier and the amount of veh that were being stolen was so bad that me and @KrypTheBear had to resort to following players around to find out who it was and kick them. Needless to say  we never found out who it/ they were and there were many casualties. RIP @poi's attack cycle.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, vandal33 said:

Usually, the enemy player will bitch about it and reveal the name for example: "thanks knabis65 for the stank..." when they steal a vehicle from the other team.

some players love to hamper their team intentionally. and you can't see everything at all times. so a (team)global notification would be helpful.

it would furthermore be helpful to know WHICH vehicle got stolen. so the e.g. the nod team would know if my stank got stolen during my unsuccesfull attempt to sneak their Ref/PP/whatever ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DarkSn4ke said:

it would furthermore be helpful to know WHICH vehicle got stolen. so the e.g. the nod team would know if my stank got stolen during my unsuccesfull attempt to sneak their Ref/PP/whatever ;)

The team knowing one of their teammates vehicles was stolen? Yes, absolutely.

Knowing which specific vehicle the enemy team has taken? No, unnecessary. 

Heck, go the extra mile and if a player has their vehicle stolen 2 or more times in one match they should get a timed penalty placed on their next vehicle purchase.

Edited by Madkill40

The type of vehicle it is may be "too much information". Stealing a vehicle and getting it away from enemies or using it to effectively wipe repairs who are taken by surprise, stops existing with the above feature. You steal something, it's just forcing it to self destruct, you'll get wiped the moment that notification pops up.

It's little less intrusive if it doesn't mention "Medium Tank", and it's even less intrusive if it has a 5-10 second delay before broadcasting to the team (enough time to either vehicular manslaughter the repairs or to drive calmly back toward base.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, YagiHige said:

The type of vehicle it is may be "too much information". Stealing a vehicle and getting it away from enemies or using it to effectively wipe repairs who are taken by surprise, stops existing with the above feature. You steal something, it's just forcing it to self destruct, you'll get wiped the moment that notification pops up.

It's little less intrusive if it doesn't mention "Medium Tank", and it's even less intrusive if it has a 5-10 second delay before broadcasting to the team (enough time to either vehicular manslaughter the repairs or to drive calmly back toward base.

This. ^

Agree with telling which vehicle type is too much info. The problem we want to solve is to just catch the team hamperer giving out vehicles to the enemy intentionally. If a teammate spots the stolen vehicle, he should inform the team what vehicle it is (I believe this isn't a problem as I always see people telling the team the vehicle type if it's stolen), it promotes a bit info-relaying among team members too.

19 hours ago, YagiHige said:

Stealing a vehicle and getting it away from enemies or using it to effectively wipe repairs who are taken by surprise, stops existing with the above feature

You raise a valid point, though it sounds like this would stop existing with a steal-time notification period. I'll expand this post (or post again) later.

Also bear in mind that if a player doesn't tell his team what vehicle they lost under global-team-notification (GTN) then the team will know he's a douchebag who lets their vehicle get stolen on purpose and will scorn his whole RenX lifespan until the day his siblings (or other relatives) suffer from a horrible skin disease by which point many players will no longer care as the player in question will end up looking after their siblings (or other relatives) more than playing RenX, which means the douchebag player who gives away their vehicle to the enemy team is no longer playing RenX as much and everything will be fine and dandy because less vehicles will be stolen during a match and thus the system will work and nobody suffers.

Apart from the player's siblings (or other relatives) of course, but your siblings (or other relatives) contracting a really horrific skin disease is why you should never let your vehicle get stolen by the enemy team.

Edited by Madkill40
  • Confused 1