Antivirus Kaspersky deletes a gamefile

Wrench

uninstall both pieces of shit and get Spybot Search & Destroy and use adblock on Chrome.

Game performance ++++

(not actual advice, the second line may not have been a clear enough indication of me being non-serious)

Edited by Madkill40
+++CAUTION : This is insincere advice. +++

• Totem Arts Staff
9 minutes ago, Madkill40 said:

uninstall both pieces of shit and get Spybot Search & Destroy and use adblock on Chrome.

Game performance ++++

No. 

Also losing the IRCclient.dll shouldn't do much since it isn't actually used atm.  And the launcher -used- to flag Trend Micro, but that hasn't happened since the Launcher Downloader was disabled by default

• Like 1

The same thing happened to me. I recently had to uninstall and reinstall due to a corrupted file glitch. Anyways on my end, the Object name reads Trojan.Win32.Drefir.vwe. Weird; as in how Kaspersky is registering the IRCclient as something malicious AND Fox & I have each received a different Object name on our end.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
52 minutes ago, Xiphan said:

I just got this as well so I decided to analyse the file using Virus Total. Only 3 vendors report the dll as malicious but since it doesn't seem to be needed at the moment I left it quarantined to be on the safe side.

The thing is completely safe. I have the source of it and no malicious code is present.