Getting 2-5fps at any setting!

SeanYong

Hey guys, 

In the menu or in-game i get around 4-5fps and it drops to as low as 2fps.

What i've tried so far:

• Running the game at 480p lowest settings, 720p mid settings and maxed out on my native resolution 1440p and the results are the same.
  • Reseting the game, where it first gave me an error of

Renegade X could not be reset. The following exception occurred:

The process cannot access the file 'D:\Games\Renegade X\PreviewVids\CNC-Islands.mp4' because it is being used by another process.

• After that i tried reseting the game again, but at the end it couldn't "install" the UE 3, so i did it manually

The results were the same, where i get the low fps.

My specs:

i7 5820k @4.4Ghz

EVGA FTW 1080

32gb DDR4 ram

Thank you for the help in advance.

Edited by SeanYong

Try closing the launcher fully so no launcher task exists in the background.

Then reopen it, and don't click on a server name, but go straight to Verify Game

As for the UE3 it appears you manually installed.

However in regards to your low frame rate, your specs are fine, I know a few people struggle for some reason with the frame rate, but they are very hard to diagnose the issue causing it.

I can only recommend trying all the graphic options in different configurations

19 hours ago, Fffreak9999 said:

Try closing the launcher fully so no launcher task exists in the background.

Then reopen it, and don't click on a server name, but go straight to Verify Game

As for the UE3 it appears you manually installed.

However in regards to your low frame rate, your specs are fine, I know a few people struggle for some reason with the frame rate, but they are very hard to diagnose the issue causing it.

I can only recommend trying all the graphic options in different configurations

Tried that before i posted and no result.

15 hours ago, TheOlsenTwins said:

And other "new" games run without issues?

Sure, that's why i didn't mention any other similar problem that i encountered in any other games, old or new.

6 hours ago, Madkill40 said:

Launcher > Settings> Verify integrity

Already tried to do it, but no result. 

This is running on DX9, am i correct?

• Since if that's the case and the problem is because of that, that would mean no Renegade nostalgia for me. 
  • I must also point out, that not all DX9 games are a problem, at least not for me, but i did hear that some DX9 games can have a problem with the new GTX 10 series cards and it depends on the game.
  • Also, i have 2 instances of the game, so i tried quite a few things out on the hardware and software side.

If you have any other suggestions, i would be greatful for them.

Thank you in advance.

SeanYong

13 minutes ago, Fffreak9999 said:

I know Graphic card wise, that shouldn't be an issue I have a Zotac 1080

So far the only reason i've seen from people that had issues in older games and the result is the same around 4-5fps with series 10 cards and noone had an x99 processor, ot fault anything there, as well i don't have any problems in even older games or from the same era. I even tried the original Renegade and it runs as it should.

2 minutes ago, Henk said:

UE3 games:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_3

You can Sort them by Windows Graphics API / Shader Model. Toxikk has a free version, and I'm sure there's more free games in that list.

Thanks, but i did take a look at the list yesterday, when i stumbled on the possible problem of UT3 and Dx9. I own The vanishing of Ethan Carter, but only had the Redux version installed on steam, need to install the OG one as well, also have Unreal Tournament 3 and Rocket League. Will install some and see.

23 hours ago, Schmitzenbergh said:

Did you try disabling Anti Aliasing? Did the trick for me.

I've tried it, with everything at the lowest settings, @480p and 720p, no AA or max AA.

10 hours ago, yosh56 said:

@ShrewdTactician could probably get you hooked up with the 64bit exes to see if that changes anything. 

I would appreciate it, if it's not too much of a hassle. 

I brought the stuff. You didn't tell anyone, right?

Extract this into the game dir.

There's a new setting in the launcher that tells it to use the x64 exe instead; or you can run the udklift.exe in the binaries folder which will use the x64 exe if available, or the 32bit if not; or you can run the udk.exe in the binaries\win64 folder directly.

You can check if your running the x64 version by checking task manager or by looking at the window title.

NOTICE: I've marked this as debug as 2 minor features don't work yet with the 64bit version. The ingame version check doesn't work yet (just use the launcher for checking the version), and the level loading screen isnt dynamic to the level, it just shows the default loading video.

x64_Debug_Patch.zip

8 hours ago, ShrewdTactician said:

I brought the stuff. You didn't tell anyone, right?

Extract this into the game dir.

There's a new setting in the launcher that tells it to use the x64 exe instead; or you can run the udklift.exe in the binaries folder which will use the x64 exe if available, or the 32bit if not; or you can run the udk.exe in the binaries\win64 folder directly.

You can check if your running the x64 version by checking task manager or by looking at the window title.

NOTICE: I've marked this as debug as 2 minor features don't work yet with the 64bit version. The ingame version check doesn't work yet (just use the launcher for checking the version), and the level loading screen isnt dynamic to the level, it just shows the default loading video.

x64_Debug_Patch.zip

Well sir. you are very much appreciated for this. Yes it did work, alltho i feel a bit dirty after the backalley exchange. :)

• Like 1