Just played the best public game of my life

Quinc3y

Unbelieveable one... I just have to tell the story of this.

Lakeside flying, I played Nod. ~25 v 25 for most of the game, 30 v 30 by the end.

0:00-0:15

Nod with a small advantage, dominating the field. GDI attempted 2 chinook rushes, failed. Then Dot (Arc.Knight.Dot~)  was transported to our cliff, sneaked in and placed Ion by the rock near ref container. Miraclously, no one could spot it (even tho it wasn't blended in, just very smart beacon placement). We lost our ref to a solo nuke.

0:15-0:30

While SBH placed nuke at WF and a raveshaw EMP'd bar, I used the decoy and sneaked in & destroyed GDI ref with a tech. Nod took back field control easily and it looked very good for us and then guess what... Dot placed another ion, this time inside a bush by the end of strip (near where the turrets were). Despite having 15 people looking for it we lost second building to a second solo nuke.

0:30 - 1h

We turtled HoN and GDI started camping hard, too. It took me a while, but I finally made it to barracks and just as I was about to start disarming mines, I met hackerham with a shotgunner who seemed to just be waiting there to help me. We infiltrated the bar and I was sitting at MCT with 40hp scared to move because of so many hidden mines. Fortunately hackerham covered me and killed 3 people. Then I made a mistake... my own timed killed me before I detonated remotes, but fortunately we had 3 timeds on mct so barracks got destroyed.

1h-2h

So it all came down to HoN vs. WF + 1 GT by GDI ref. Fortunately I managed to hunt down the last hotwire as SBH while she was mining the WF hangar and then suicided to remove front door mines. But since GDI started turtling super hard, we needed to coordinate big rushes. First we tried 10 SBH run into WF via front door...failed. Then we tried to brute force it with 15 lcg+sbh+techs etc., but failed although destroyed a lot of GDI vehicles. Another mass SBH attempt, fail. Then we went for a rocket rush for the last GT. We jumped from the cliff and went via the main veh entrance... looked epic. Destroyed the GT and got rid of the mines on WF backdoor.

We tried mass SBH once again, but GDI physically blocked both WF door with vehicles and were scanning for SBH like mad. Then - one last try with SBH. We literally got ~23 SBH and wanted to outside c4. Meanwhile no one warned that 2 elite mammoths and a med are approaching our almost empty base... when we saw HoN armor going down like mad we just ran in and shot MCT. WF went down and we won, but HoN went down just as the end game screen popped up.

tl;dr : 2 hour game with a lot of miracle turn arounds & teamplay & individual skill decided by 2 seconds.

Even though both teams played without refineries for most of the game, it was bearable thanks to the silos and the amount of crates. 

Big shoutout to my teammates: ThunderElemental, Coredeath, NodCommander, the famous "FU LOSER TEAM" guy, Ukill, Hackerham, ds14, GI Jose and many others participating in rushes and defending.

Also to poi and jpj who were on the other team but left after like 30 minutes :P

GG

Edited by Quincy
  • Like 9

2hr.

Yeah, a good marathon-ish game. Rarely are they ever that good.

I enjoy when games have the variety this one did, they do more often these days than ever, but they still don't always go like this. Sometimes they're stiff 2 hour games, or 7 minute mop-ups. Sometimes they're back-and-forth 25 minute games, and sometimes they're back and forth 2 hour games.

Does CT record all their demos still? Would they have this, you think?

13 hours ago, Quincy said:

Meanwhile no one warned that 2 elite mammoths and a med are approaching our almost empty base...

Actually, we were 3 mammoths but mine exploded due to remote C4 of a damn engineer while HoN was at ~0%/7%. Bought you like 3-4 seconds, enough to kill WF.

Also, the satisfaction of finally killing that Heroic Stank was close to infinite :D

Edited by dtdesign

16 hours ago, Quincy said:

Big shoutout to my teammates: ThunderElemental, Coredeath, NodCommander, the famous "FU LOSER TEAM" guy, Ukill, Hackerham, ds14, GI Jose and many others participating in rushes and defending.

I love that guy, I imagine he's amazing at pep talks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dtdesign said:

Actually, we were 3 mammoths but mine exploded due to remote C4 of a damn engineer while HoN was at ~0%/7%. Bought you like 3-4 seconds, enough to kill WF.

Also, the satisfaction of finally killing that Heroic Stank was close to infinit

lol.

Was the stank FU loser team guy?

• Totem Arts Staff
On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, Quincy said:

, sneaked in and placed Ion by the rock near ref container. Miraclously, no one could spot it (even tho it wasn't blended in, just very smart beacon placement).

I just wonder how people just walks past as if there's no sound.  Its almost as if people think that the harder it is to hear the closer you are.

Spoiler

58dede33935b5_Ion1.thumb.jpg.7a87f74f6ede39519d91fbf93293aa39.jpg

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 5:23 PM, Quincy said:

Dot placed another ion, this time inside a bush by the end of strip

Watching the second ion was harder, since technicians would walk right past it.  Although I could see why it was hard because the blue light blended in with the bush

Spoiler

58dede43264c9_Ion2.thumb.jpg.e499c9da85df550286a8da67479b99ee.jpg

@LavaDr4gon

Yes, especially the first one going through was a shock to me.

The second one was placed at the farthest possible spot that will still destroy a building I believe and was hidden well.

I wasn't in the base in both cases and I thought there's no need to suicide for a solo nuke with so many teammates in the base...

1 hour ago, poi ❄ said:

I really think it's bad that there are 2 lakeside versions in the rotation all we play is walls - field - lakeside - lakeside NF - islands - islands flying. 

It's so boring :<

I can always increase the number of maps that must be played before it is offered as an option again

Edit: Looking at the Marathon rotation, I can increase map vote limits to 10 matches before they re-appear without issue

5 hours ago, Henk said:

Might take some lines of code, but isn't it possible to not show WallsNF and Walls Snowing when Walls Flying has just been played and vice versa as vote options? Same goes for Lakeside.

It was already possible to include 2 maps as "the same map", somehow. There was a "canyon night" and a "field day", make every version of walls a submap of "walls".

Not sure if the game specified "which one" was up for vote, so significant changes like "flying" or not, means the map vote should probably specify which is up for vote.