Renegade-x SDK

ShrewdTactician

• Totem Arts Staff
33 minutes ago, Sarah! said:

Just some stuff they didn't add or incorrectly referenced. Nothing you should worry about.

Someone in the Dev team did a major package clean up for the 5.3 release which is good for the game, but didn't came out that well in the SDK. We also have a bit of an issue with it but I don't know we're gonna reverse it. I hope we do it since all the assets are useful and old community maps that haven't been updated for a long long time are completely broken

hmm I'm pretty new here, but is it possible to 3d model maps in a program like 3ds max and import the mesh/geometry into this?

I used to mod halo pc a lot and made maps for that way back when using 3dsmax and I still have an old copy of that, I wouldn't mind trying to make a Renegade map, it'd be kind of fun.

Edited by Apoc

• Totem Arts Staff
43 minutes ago, Apoc said:

hmm I'm pretty new here, but is it possible to 3d model maps in a program like 3ds max and import the mesh/geometry into this?

I used to mod halo pc a lot and made maps for that way back when using 3dsmax and I still have an old copy of that, I wouldn't mind trying to make a Renegade map, it'd be kind of fun.

You can definitely import meshes, but I don't know if it's the best idea for Landscape. I know importing heightmaps is possible, though. I'm not very experienced with Landscapes, but that's just what I've seen so far.

• Totem Arts Staff
8 hours ago, Sarah! said:

You can definitely import meshes, but I don't know if it's the best idea for Landscape. I know importing heightmaps is possible, though. I'm not very experienced with Landscapes, but that's just what I've seen so far.

The terrain on Mesa are just meshes so it is possible! @Apoc

• Like 1