+1080p resolutions are unplayable

LxFx

Hi There!

I'm quite new to this game, but I wanted to say that this game looks and plays awesome. What a great job for team that is not backed by a big publisher! Also, RTS/FPS is the perfect niche and I hope to spread my love for it among my friends.

The only issue for me, is a technical one and it is that the game is unplayable on a resolution higher than 1080p.

When I select 1080p, all is well, I can even max out the graphical settings and it is still playable on my 100Hz monitor with 100+ fps. When I select 2560x1440, or even 3440x1440 (native resolution of my monitor) the fps drops to 20 and below. Even when I lower the graphical settings to the bare minimum, +1080p is not playable. I presume that this is a known issue and would love to know how I can fix this. Thanks!

As a reference, my specs are: i7 6800k, GTX 980 TI, 32GB RAM

4 hours ago, yosh56 said:

Odd, as @Boomer runs at 4k 60FPS. 

In fact it was over one year ago that I run at 4k.

Since last year, I run at 5k (5120 * 2880) with Ultra preset. I've posted at least one 5k screenshot on the forums.

My FPS is between 30 - 60.

Still, the biggest problem is that the crosshair does not have proper scaling. On 27' monitor, 5k resolution, the crosshair of shotgun is around the same size as regular weapons on 27' monitor with 1080p resolution. Console text and in-game scoreboard cannot scale properly either, but these are minor issues to gameplay. Consider the long life of classic Renegade, we need fixes to make Renegade X future proof, up to 8k and even higher resolution.

My specs are almost identical to yours, 980 TI, i7 6700K, 32GB on Win10, and I run in 3840x2160 at 60fps with the Ultra preset. Occasionally the frame rate dips a little bit, but that's to be expected. 

Not sure what the issue is but you might want to poke around in the Nvidia Control Panel. I had to do some tweaks in the "Manage 3D Settings - Antialias" settings to get things to perform right.

2016-12-13_5-46-12.gif