Engi mod suggestion

Arch-nemesis

hey ren x devs

first of all thank u a lot for an amazing game... u guys brought back my childhood memories playing C&C renegade....thank you so much :)

now i have only been playing for a bit over 2 month now but ren x is becoming addictive a lot 

however i have a suggestion to make ( i looked up the forum and i didn't see it anywhere so i hope its not suggested already)

what i want to suggest is some modifications to the roles of engi/hoties/tech... there is a game called team fortress ( im sure u guys should know abt it ) with similar characters classes like renx (more or less).... now in team fortress engis are able to build temporary defense structure ( automated turrets) as well as ammo dispenser .... it would be awesome if engis/tech/hoties can acquire such a role in renx as well..... especially regarding the dispenser unit because i find it a bit irritating having to travel back to base a long distance to recharge ..... on the other hand a temporary turret def unit will help a lot 

thank u a lot for taking the time to read this and good work on the game.... its unbelievable

keep up the good work 

best regards 

ARCH-NEMESIS

You know, the game's code is not meant to do this sort of thing. I wouldn't mind supplementing infantry's lack of armor with emplacements though, sounds better than current APC Airdrop balance. I'd say vehicles could use something similar to supplement infantry being reduced, but that sounds like giving engineers some anti-sniper emplacements, either sniper turrets or simply wall-like barricades to cover from sniper fire.

That's all hypothetical, humoring the request, as the code is still not capable of that without a decent amount of programming, which would have to be voluntary at this point.

Think about balance and perspectivity of each individual character. Engi and adv. engi already does many important things in the game. Remember that before big RTS update, the engineers were the most cost effective characters only becouse of purchaseable sidearm weapons.

I cant imagine a gameplay if this was added, but Iam very sure that it would be noticeable strategical buff to (not only) active base defending, and imo this is not what is needed.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:01 PM, Henk said:

Go into the field alongside tanks and other infantry, they are your "turrets"/defenses, you are their healer, seems like a good balance that encourages teamwork to me.

lol... yeah i know 

still learning tho... just give me some time and watch me do miracles :P

What would be nice as a mutator is if a mutator changed just the engi repair gun to charge for 3 seconds and then it releases a set amount of repair (like 10% of vehicle health/hull and 15% of building armour) to a vehicle/structure in 1 second, would be interesting to see what kind of change this would make.

Basically at 4 second intervals you would notice an instant repair to damages, leaving the player to feel like their engineer is a little more than okay at repairing. As a mutator. 

Edited by Madkill40