Voice Chat

Luhrian

Voice Chat: Yes or No?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a voice chat in Renegade X

• Yes, add it!
    • No, are you carzy?!
  2. 2. Wich kind of voice chat do we need?

• Voice Chat for all players!
    • Voice Chat for the commander!
    • I don't want to hear the high voice of 9 years old childs!

• Totem Arts Staff

Hey guys,

I know we had a voice chat topic 1 year ago, but nobody noticed that.

So I ask you guys: Do we need a voice chat in Rengade X for better teamwork and organization?

I think, it would be really nice.

For example: Somebody is Solo Nukeing Bar and your teamates think: Hm, it is a Solo Nuke some guys will get it. So you loose Bar, because your team is too fat to go to bar and help you with the Nuke.

But maybe some people fuck you wirth strange screams or other things up.

If you have some other suggestions just wirte it in this topic

• Like 1

This question was flying around for a very long time. If I remember good, the devs didnt want to add it for some reason.

I'am for adding voice chat. I mean, you could vote to mute certain player anytime. The problem starts when the troll make it seriouse, and starts to reconnect just to play loudest orgasm in the world loop, or some other things.. (yeah Ive beed doing it myself on counterstrike servers sometimes...). This would mean that mods and admins need to IP mute them manually, and before they do, the troll may ruin the day for everybody on the server.

Maybe allow using voise chat from certain amount of reputation points? Like 5+ reps

Edited by Axesor

Voice chat in games is always somewhat odd to me.

While I see it being a feature for more casual players who just pick up and play matches, I see the regulars almost always using some form of external voice chat, such as TeamSpeak. So, if a decent amount of the playerbase are just using an external app, then implementing in-game voice chat may not be worth the effort.

If it is possible to implement Voice Chat in any capacity for Renegade X, I would probably restrict it to be Commander Only. Although, even then, I think the Commander mod is a mutator and not part of "vanilla" Renegade X, so we may not see such support.

• Totem Arts Staff
3 hours ago, Axesor said:

This would mean that mods and admins need to IP mute them manually, and before they do, the troll may ruin the day for everybody on the server.

Why only admins? If everyone is able to add the voice chat, then should everyone able to mute somebody.

41 minutes ago, Agent said:

I'm not sure why people are supporting these strange "commander-only" features. If it was implemented, everybody would be able to use it. It's not going to be implemented though.

Yes that is right, but if you have 20 vs 20 and person 1 says Repair Refinery, person 2 says hottie near AGT, person 3 says Doza rush incoming.... It is a big mess and will fuck you up after 5 games. And I think on the voice chat, will be an argument about the next rushes and steps. But if only the commander can say something it is very clear and all can listen him without any other sounds. Maybe the commander can allow 3-5 more persons to use the voice chat, so 1 person is a defender to get more attention if mines are down, person 2 is a sniper, who see the battlefield and can call out any rushes...

Edited by (Ger)Luhrian

• Totem Arts Staff

I don't think we need a big discussion about the voice chat, because the only important thing is the vote and 60% said no.

Edited by (Ger)Luhrian

• Agent locked this topic