No more players?

Scot5691

I can't believe I'm just now discovering this exists.  I played the original game for years and I'm really sad I shot myself in the foot by not discovering this earlier.  Do people play anymore at all? I can see that the forum is pretty busy, so I guess that's a good sign? Don't see anyone in the servers though.  Will this ever be on Steam? I feel like it would get a lot more attention if it was. Really fun game, and the devs did an amazing job bringing it back to life.

• Like 1

That's a real bummer. I'm still having a great time playing against the bots. I remember playing the demo version of the original game before it came out and I was so amazed. Ended up modding and making my own maps. Man, that was so long ago though.  What has been done to make this more public?  I first discovered it in a youtube video.  I might just make a channel and start blasting content on it.

I say Renegade X has a decent player base, but only when playing during prime time (which mostly revolves around the EU playerbase). Otherwise, all the servers are likely empty.

Most days between 12 PM to 4 PM US East there's one healthy populated server. If you are lucky, you might catch a good game or two late as 5 or 6 PM. However, if you want to play 7 PM or later, good luck. I know there are some US players, but most just play during prime time and log off once EU goes to sleep.

Your best bet is on a Saturday where there are about two servers up. One is "private" through the organized games here on the forum while the other is the public server. Same time of 12 to 4 PM.

Here's some older topics that may be of some help to you. Otherwise, enjoy playing Renegade X! Just remember that X is not exactly like the original C&C Renegade, so be prepared for new maps and mechanics when you play.

August Topic - Does anyone in the US even play?
October Topic - Active Hours?

10 hours ago, Agent said:

We'll almost certainly try to gain more publicity again once 1.0 is ready. YouTube videos and word-of-mouth are more than welcome in the mean time.

Just Talked to a Web live support Flat Tv ..Cool guy :) At end  ask him to come and play renX sometime ,with Renk link ..He'd look interested ..Might see him one day :)

Edited by Xtractor

• Totem Arts Staff
11 hours ago, Agent said:

We'll almost certainly try to gain more publicity again once 1.0 is ready. YouTube videos and word-of-mouth are more than welcome in the mean time.

1.0? You mean that there is coming an end to the Renegade X Beta and goes to Alpha?

• Totem Arts Staff
50 minutes ago, Agent said:

Alpha generally comes before Beta, Thommy.

Ah okay but will be the betas over coming soon / next year / near future because you talk about a 1.0

37 minutes ago, KrypTheBear said:

25 Dollar Bronze Battlepack with a 0.25% chance for a havoc skin

Are we going to see these skins or what? We all see those nice skins for other stuff but we still are missing some stuff that was in the old game :/

Edited by ThommyK0104