Tech Buildings?

StalinsThighs

I've noticed that most of the maps now have the Silo on them. I think the Silo is great, but it seems a little over done. I've seen a few maps now that have their own tech buildings (Crash Site is a good example), but are there any plans for more "official" ones? I read a post awhile ago, I think it was right after Beta 2, where someone suggested using the missing buildings, such as the Comm. Center, as tech buildings. I think that would be awesome, and allow a bit more variety. Plus with different tech buildings, you could have a more appropriate tech building for a specific map type. For example, a more spread-out map would benefit from having a radar that can see both sides' forces(comm. center), a map with a longer or more dangerous harvester route would do better with the silo, etc.. Just my two cents.

Are you talking about the specific role rewards of the tech buildings, or the models and design of them? Or both?

I agree. I had a suggestion like this a long time ago. It was to basically have a quick 10 second team-vote upon capturing the tech building. The team-vote would ask the team to choose from 3 options, and the team would use the vote buttons (f3, f4, f5) to vote for which reward they wanted. Most votes = reward given until the enemy team recaptures the tech building.

Could be something as simple as:

f3 +1 credit/second

f4 +2 vehicle limit

f5 +5 mine limit

Things of that nature. Would be cool to see.

f3 +1 credit/second

f4 +2 vehicle limit

f5 +5 mine limit

Sounds interesting and forces players make a decision. Few questions: what would happen if you lose the silo and choose for + 2 vehicles or + 5 mines? Those extra mines / vehicles dissapear? Or they can't be replaced while they are gone.

Also note that f3, f4 and f5 are (team)chat related. I bet a lot off players never usd chat, but those who do will have a issue while voting cause it might also trigger chat and vise versa. I know it's just a concept ofc.

I pushed hard for a capturable MCT to make this happen. The mappers can create their own custom tech buildings without having to code with this MCT. If you'd like to have more Tech buildings you'd have to ask the custom mappers to do stuff like that.

I honestly don't think the official dev team will produce more tech buildings as they take quite an amount of your time. (modeling, coding, testing, etc.)

f3 +1 credit/second

f4 +2 vehicle limit

f5 +5 mine limit

Sounds interesting and forces players make a decision. Few questions: what would happen if you lose the silo and choose for + 2 vehicles or + 5 mines? Those extra mines / vehicles dissapear? Or they can't be replaced while they are gone.

Also note that f3, f4 and f5 are (team)chat related. I bet a lot off players never usd chat, but those who do will have a issue while voting cause it might also trigger chat and vise versa. I know it's just a concept ofc.

Yeah it was just a concept. But I think that the mines and vehicles over the limit should stay, and the limit would just read 35/30, until 5 or more mines are disarmed. Same with vehicle limit. I personally have my chat options reconfigured to normal renegade buttons, so that the vote buttons are screwed up for me. I would love the option to renconfig those.

I pushed hard for a capturable MCT to make this happen. The mappers can create their own custom tech buildings without having to code with this MCT. If you'd like to have more Tech buildings you'd have to ask the custom mappers to do stuff like that.

I honestly don't think the official dev team will produce more tech buildings as they take quite an amount of your time. (modeling, coding, testing, etc.)

Ahh. Well, I look forward to seeing what else the mappers can come up with. :)

• Totem Arts Staff
Capurable tech center which allows you to buy Tib Sun Vechs and maybe units.

Now you can have titan and mamoth mk2 vs cyborg commandos and recon bikes.

On flying maps gdi would get orca bombers and jump jets vs nod banshee

Too costy, too much work, too OP (possibly)

Besides, MK2 is extremely big

Capurable tech center which allows you to buy Tib Sun Vechs and maybe units.

Now you can have titan and mamoth mk2 vs cyborg commandos and recon bikes.

On flying maps gdi would get orca bombers and jump jets vs nod banshee

Maybe also make it such that the team that capped it has to wait 1 min for their faction scientists to "understand" the tech before you can purchase it, then if it is uncapped before 1 min then the timer is reset.

And instead of Mammoth MkII (have you seen vids of it in the tiberian sun renegade?) Maybe allow the disruptor to be built instead.

Just my 2c :D

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

+1 from me. It would be a great idea, but we would need to come up with ways to actually make it come to game, and make it balanced of course, I do agree with hate with this quote

f3 +1 credit/second

f4 +2 vehicle limit

f5 +5 mine limit

But the issue is would be when they re-capture the MCT (Silo or whatever the tech building would be) if they choose let's say F4, Two tanks wouldn't just evaporate, you get me?

The F5 and F3 are more reasonable options due to proxies being capable of disappearing due to mine limits, sure, but the Vehicle part could need a bit more coding into it to actually make it work.

But the idea would be a +1 from me. Pls implement

EDIT: Just realized that Ryz stated the same thing. ;c

• 2 weeks later...

A new tech-building must give a real added value to the team that captured the tech-building.

Schmitzenbergh and Ruud033 are working on the EMP-Cannon in the moment.

And they are doing an awesome job with that :cool:

Perhaps the EMP-Cannon could replace the overused silos in some of the old maps (Messa II & Field).