Stolen tank locked by other team

djlaptop

Check out the screenshot below:

0WxxomM.png

Full image link: http://i.imgur.com/0WxxomM.png

I am GDI, and stole a medium tank from Nod. Not sure how they got it, whether it was from a crate or stolen from our team. Either way, I try to bind to it and you can see the error message in the screenshot, it's already bound to bamsbaldie. But he's on the other team! Eventually he wised up, and LOCKED THE DRIVERS SEAT, making the tank go dead in the middle of combat. The map ended before he could jump back into the tank.

As entertaining as the whole thing was, for some reason the game didn't detect that I stole it and left it bound to him, a pretty nasty bug.

I am compelled to ask, but are you asking to make it so that the enemy CAN, or CAN'T, lock their tanks on enemy pilots? Because that sounded effective af.

#LowJackForTanks

I'm not asking for it, it's what I already experienced. It's a bug as far as I can tell, as I really don't think it was intentionally designed that way. Once an enemy enters your tank you should lose any bindings on it.

• 3 months later...

I think I see the issue. I believe it has to do with this snippet:

if (LastTeamToUse != 255 && GetTeamNum() != LastTeamToUse)
{
	VehicleStolen();
	LastTeamToUse = GetTeamNum();
}

Which results in 'LastTeamToUse' never being assigned to the owning team. I've changed this to:

if (GetTeamNum() != LastTeamToUse)
{
	if (LastTeamToUse != 255)
		VehicleStolen();
	LastTeamToUse = GetTeamNum();
}