Walls: MRLS on top of Bar-Side Rocks?

RoundShades

Are MRLS on top of Bar-side Tiberian-Rocks allowed? I feel it is basically B2B since they are well inside of the "Metal Wall".

I really wish the "out of bounds" area was just retracted to "any standable surface on top of those rocks" so being "on those rocks" is out of bounds unless you go so far off them that you stepped off and fell to ground.

Are MRLS on top of Bar-side Tiberian-Rocks allowed? I feel it is basically B2B since they are well inside of the "Metal Wall".

No. Same goes to nod.

It's more of a problem for Nod, and less of one as Nod, as Artillery can be reaped by GDI MRLS, Gunner, and Patch, but MRLS can only be pecked at by ramjet as best since Nod lacks that kind of range.

Either way, both those rocks, and though unrelated, the stealth tank mct snipes in coop with sbh holding doors open for them, are both cheap and questionable.

No. Same goes to nod.

It's more of a problem for Nod, and less of one as Nod, as Artillery can be reaped by GDI MRLS, Gunner, and Patch, but MRLS can only be pecked at by ramjet as best since Nod lacks that kind of range.

Either way, both those rocks, and though unrelated, the stealth tank mct snipes in coop with sbh holding doors open for them, are both cheap and questionable.

Saw stanks, arties, light tanks, apcs and even flamers on those hills. Both are a problem. Just kick them if they don't listen to stop. If they keep doing it, just request for a tban i guess. It's getting ridiculous over time atm at walls.

Saw stanks, arties, light tanks, apcs and even flamers on those hills. Both are a problem. Just kick them if they don't listen to stop. If they keep doing it, just request for a tban i guess. It's getting ridiculous over time atm at walls.

Nothing wrong with parking Stanks up there, how else are you meant to deter the Humvees circling round your defences? The problem lies with the Artys/MRLS shelling the HON/WF.

Nothing wrong with parking Stanks up there, how else are you meant to deter the Humvees circling round your defences? The problem lies with the Artys/MRLS shelling the HON/WF.

So it's wrong to use soft boundaries to get into to base but its okay for the the tanks to go up the hill waiting for them and killing things in the mean time?

Problem lies with the soft boundaries. If it gets fixed (like kenz said) then the problem is over.

Since the softboundarys it's crapped up

I see no problem with soft boundaries, but this wasn't possible with hard boundaries.

I see no reason why anything, that was impossibru with hard boundaries, would be difficult to "induce death upon" with soft boundaries. The only problem, is where the soft boundaries aren't protecting, and they can continue to improve until this nonsense is impossibru again.

If blocking volumes aren't practical could you create some neutral anti-tank mines? Put up a warning sign and have them destroy any vehicle that comes into contact with them and then have them automatically re-spawn when detonated.

It should be possible to prevent climbing vehicles and vehicles driving out of bounds—although shorter time would also prevent this second point.

Could also remodel the rocks to make them steeper?

• 2 weeks later...

Next patch may be soon, and will have the out-of-map time brought down to 7, and for walls, a "special additional countermeasure for vehicles" is going to be added to keep the vehicles from being where they shouldn't be, likely just so they can release the next patch and walls can get a more permanent fix down the line.

Walls is a flying map, which is why the invisible wall thing is a bad idea. Also why raising the rocks isn't so good, allows air hit-and-run to be fairly immortal if they wash-rinse-repeat using higher side-rocks as cover.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind tank-height blocking volumes placed right on the edge of the rocks where a vehicle ascends on sides of base. Honestly, I also wouldn't mind the out of bounds area enveloping the tops of these rocks (and getting rid of unnecessary tiberian volumes and textures).