[Map] DM-M00 (Commando Training)

TK0104

• Totem Arts Staff

Hello everybody,

I'm back with another Remake of a Renegade Campaign map. This time it's the tutorial map of C&C Renegade. No it's not TrainingYard (For the people who didn't know this, TrainingYard is based on that map)

First a screenshot:

Released[/color]

Download:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ze9DgoAGKIdllCSHZpQlFlNnc

Map.png.a88c81b3b2ad2a5b7750f3a426515401.png

Edited by Guest

• Totem Arts Staff
Keep up the good work! P.s. have you tried forcing paths already?

I tought I did that somewhere else. And it was no luck. But I'll give it another try

EDIT

I tried it and it works. Release date Will change maybe to gonorroe

Really nice. Maybe this should be added to All Deck All Day, though that would defeat the purpose of it's name...

Actually I wanted to ask Ruud if he can put it on the official map testing server. But it's not impossible to add it on All Deck All Day

• Totem Arts Staff

There's an option in mesh actors to turn off Path Colliding in the Actor Properties. This is how Coastal Nod gates are done. The InterpActor simply doesn't affect the pathing so the Pathnodes outside and inside the wall can connect to each others

I suggest you look into it

• Totem Arts Staff
There's an option in mesh actors to turn off Path Colliding in the Actor Properties. This is how Coastal Nod gates are done. The InterpActor simply doesn't affect the pathing so the Pathnodes outside and inside the wall can connect to each others

I suggest you look into it

I already did that :P

All the Doors are in place

• 3 months later...

I played around on this map earlier with some bots, and I have to say it's an absolute blast. It's very fast-paced, the ammo/armor/health drops are evenly placed, and overall it's really good. However, I want to raise some concerns and suggestions. Some of these you may already have on your to-do list, but I want to mention them just in case.

Firstly, it's not all that close to the original tutorial map. The base layout is extremely similar, but the map itself isn't. The original was walled-in with cliffs, and had a few hills here and there inside. It had a road that went around the base, I think the Refinery, AGT and War Factory were inside the path, and the Barracks and PP were outside it. I'd also mention the lack of an obstacle course, but it would likely be a bit of an obstacle to gameplay. And I'd say add some rocks, trees, possibly parked vehicles, Hesco blocks, crates, sandbag walls, and other objects to use for cover and make the base feel less empty.

Gameplay-wise it's awesome, though possibly either remove the Engie from the spawn roster, or figure out a way to give him a better sidearm.

Hope this is helpful.

• Totem Arts Staff
I played around on this map earlier with some bots, and I have to say it's an absolute blast. It's very fast-paced, the ammo/armor/health drops are evenly placed, and overall it's really good. However, I want to raise some concerns and suggestions. Some of these you may already have on your to-do list, but I want to mention them just in case.

Firstly, it's not all that close to the original tutorial map. The base layout is extremely similar, but the map itself isn't. The original was walled-in with cliffs, and had a few hills here and there inside. It had a road that went around the base, I think the Refinery, AGT and War Factory were inside the path, and the Barracks and PP were outside it. I'd also mention the lack of an obstacle course, but it would likely be a bit of an obstacle to gameplay. And I'd say add some rocks, trees, possibly parked vehicles, Hesco blocks, crates, sandbag walls, and other objects to use for cover and make the base feel less empty.

Gameplay-wise it's awesome, though possibly either remove the Engie from the spawn roster, or figure out a way to give him a better sidearm.

Hope this is helpful.

The map is a not a 100% remake of the Original tutorial map. It's more based on TrainingYard

• 2 months later...
  • Totem Arts Staff

New Update!

So It's been a while since the last update of this map. I didn't liked the map anymore how it was so I re-designed it to the latest Training Yard environment and it looks way better now.

Check it out!:

SY009Xu.jpg

XqGhBlx.jpg

Changelist

- Changed the environment to the latest Training Yard Version

- Added Sounds

- Made the Power Plant in it's destroyed state

- Added cover (destroyed tanks, containers)

- Edited the base entrances

- Added rocks on the beach

- Added Pick-Ups (Remote C4, Tiberium Auto Rifle (Green) Silenced Carbine, Sniper Rifle, Automatic Rifle, Laser Rifle)

- Added tree background

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ze9D ... sp=sharing